[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - So, I'm a Buddhist now.

So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Re: So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Postby Rip » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:25 pm

So you agree: this life is the only one "I" get, because "I", means "Rip", the unique combination of chemicals that produces this singular being that I Am. "I" am not beholden to what came before and "I" am not concerned with what comes after, because I have Faith that all things will eventually just become One again anyway. So I can spend this lifetime, this singular and sole lifetime in which "I" will be "me", doing whatever the fuck I want, and that INCLUDES telling insufferable fucks to fuck off when they insist on telling me my thinking is "unskilled".

"So the highest level of pleasure you can reach is the sixth world, or life-state (Heaven/Rapture) and you get shot back down into the other lower five worlds."

No wait, that's dumb, forget it. You're removing all of the miracles of pleasure in the world around you and concentrating on esoteric bullshit. I don't know why I responded to this when you didn't respond to mine anyway, because now we'll just go back and forth in circles around the details of your new philosophy, WHICH WAS NEVER THE FUCKING POINT.

The point, again, is that your new answer doesn't work for everyone. Insisting that it does is the height of arrogance and-fuck it I said all of this already. I'll wait 'til you come back around again.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Rip » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Dex gets it tho

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Samurai » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:34 pm

I recommend just enjoying one of the most visually stunning countries in the world.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby dexeron » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:39 pm

He posted some pics of the northern lights that were pretty gorgeous.

(I still think you should have gone to the Eve Online monument at CCP headquarters in Reykjavik.)
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Rip » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 pm

I'll wait until you address the post I stated my points in, Desp.

Dex, I'd prefer to disagree with you, now. Say something I disagree with.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Rip » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Seriously Desp, it comes down to one thing: your belief system has the potential to help SOME people. I disagree that it has the potential to help ALL people. I feel that your inability to concede this point colors your responses here and does you no favors.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Agent » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:31 pm

At first I thought he meant that any religion/belief system, not just his own, had the potential to help people, but after his last few posts I'm not sure that's the case.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion