My dad has COVID

My dad has COVID

Postby Despanan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:39 am

He got it from his nurse. She got it because her family didn't take this shit seriously and had a reunion. One of the cousins was sick and got everyone else sick.

I'm beginning to think all our zombie fiction is unrealistic. In a real zombie apocalypse there would be people ignoring the zombies because they're convinced it's all a hoax.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: My dad has COVID

Postby Samurai » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:09 pm

Very sorry to hear about your dad. Hope it's a mild case and that he makes a swift recovery.

Trust in authority has declined markedly over the past couple of decades*. As recently as the '80s, I suspect if a government had told people it was in their and their neighbours' interests to do a thing, they'd do the thing. These days, people begin not by thinking the state has their best interests at heart, but wondering what its angle is. That can admittedly be healthy in some circumstances, but not when health itself is the issue**.
___
* For what are admittedly fairly obvious and understandable reasons
** It's true the state does get things wrong even there at times, for example the emphasis from the '70s onwards on cutting fat rather than sugar from one's diet -- but public health messaging is generally pretty benign
~Samurai

"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Return to General Discussion