My Kickstarter's Funded

My Kickstarter's Funded

Postby Despanan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:10 pm

We broke $6700 in just a little over 10 days. Money goes to fund the second issue of SWZA, which is being drawn by an image comics alumnus:

https://luanavecchioart.com/

Campaign is running for another twenty four days.

If any bobs want to pledge for old time's sake, link is here - lots of great premiums including both issues of the comic:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/br ... apocalypse
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: My Kickstarter's Funded

Postby Phantomgrift » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:36 pm

... I'm a stingy asshole and never donate to anything if I can't absolutely help it outside of rare occasions like when I donated to Phil Foglio of "Girl Genius" comics because I actually know the guy.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Despanan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:51 am

I wouldn't think of it as "donation" - you're essentially pre-ordering the comic, getting yourself a signed back-issue or merch or buying professional services from me. If it ain't your thing though, it ain't your thing.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Samurai » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:57 pm

I'd forgotten this -- it was a slight surprise to discover that Phant and I shared a common liking for Girl Genius, but it's high enough quality (and Phil being a longstanding enough fixture of nerd culture thanks to Phil and Dixie) that I imagine the fandom is a fairly broad church. Oh, and I guess we both liked Life of Riley back in the day, too. ;)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Return to General Discussion