Steam Controller

Steam Controller

Postby Valen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:50 pm

I like it. I've had one for 2 years now. I got it to play original Dark Souls when a cat ate my USB Xbox Controller (I replaced it eventually because while I'm a weirdo who can make it work, Kayla prefers anything else). I'm currently working on my Elite Dangerous Bindings and using it for Gryo controls when I play Subnautica and get in the Cyclone.

It's also nice for couch gaming things like Civ6 or Sunless Sea / Cultist Simulator. UI scaling remains an issue for that, but that's not the controller's fault.

Have you guys tried it?
Valen

Re: Steam Controller

Postby Sage » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 pm

Nah. I'm not gonna give steam money when I'm doing fine with 20 dollar xbox-style controllers.

How's ED treating you?
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Valen » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:28 am

I took a break after flying 200ly only to get blown up by the station I wanted to refuel at.

They're cheap as controllers go though for Elite a HOTAS is probably optimal for most. I want a good couch experience so any time I can scale the UI and grab the steam controller, I'm happy.
Valen

Postby Samurai » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:54 pm

I've been musing getting one as I've heard they're OK for PC gaming and mouse/keyboard use hurts my index fingers after a while (I already use a Trackball Explorer so I can thumb-click and have to use WASE with middle, ring and pinkie fingers for movement rather than the more usual WASD option). My concern would be support for non-Steam games, which I've heard is a bit patchy.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Return to Throne Room