I Am Stationed In Hell...

I Am Stationed In Hell...

Postby Phantomgrift » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 pm

It's hot, muggy, humid, and located centrally in Gulfport, MS.

... I miss winter.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Re: I Am Stationed In Hell...

Postby dexeron » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 am

I'd say that at least you could check out the locations where they filmed Biloxi Blues, but that movie was actually filmed up at Fort Chaffee, over 500 miles away. :(
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Winter is genuinely my favorite season...Though fall comes close.

Sucks you got stationed down there. What’s MS like? I sorta think of the whole state as one giant swamp.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 pm

In the winter, it's not bad. The humidity and rain are rampant, and the area here is more foresty than swampy.

But fucking hell, once summer rolls around, this place is a gigantic armpit of damp sloth gently clinging to your skin and whispering in your ear as you try to do anything.

The food is fantastic though, and it's a great mix of reasonable down-home folksy types, and a various sprinkling of crackheads, homeless and every episode of Cops ever.

All in all, it beats being on a ship as my deployment cycle involves going to Rota Spain for months, and it counts as sea duty.
I'll take that over shipboard life any day.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Samurai » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:38 pm

Well, I hope the food is still decent on the forthcoming deployment, Phant, and the summers are a little less muggy (and expression for unpleasantly humid that's common in the UK but I've just realised I have no idea whether it's used in the US).

(I'm not at the desperate point of replying to myself, so I've dipped into page 2 for a couple of extra threads. Blimey, 2018 after one page.)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Return to General Discussion