[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - So, I'm a Buddhist now.

So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Re: So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Postby Despanan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Rip » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Last edited by Despanan on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Now that I have answered your better question please answer mine:

why is being the best "you" you can be undesirable keeping in mind this whole concept relates specifically to the individual's own conception of what they best you is, and no one else's. Why should it be considered a good thing for people to be ultimately unhappy and suffer?
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Rip » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Okay, this is clearly just pointless now. You basically did everything I've been accusing you of this entire time in your latest response and you're not ever going to see it. I know this because I give you examples of what you're doing in the very same posts you continue to do them in, and you continue to treat me like I "just don't get it".

SO, I'll do you a favor: you win! I don't want the Buddha Life State. I am fine with my own happiness. You can chant all you want, and you can have any opinion you want on the correctness of my thinking, and that's just fine. My life is going to be just as awesome and fulfilling regardless, and I hope yours is too.

The only point I was ever trying to get through to you is that you are not presenting your ideas in a palatable way. I offered some suggestions as to how you may modify your position to be less distasteful, and I've done too much already.

So, whatever contest you were having instead, I am graciously allowing you to operate from the perception that you've won it! Of course, I still reject your ideas and central position, and in my own perception you are hilariously misguided, but that shouldn't have any impact at all on your own life once you skilfully meditate around it or whatever it is your new cult does.

I got involved in this thread when you started making definitive statements. I don't like those. It's part of my whole non-spiritual spirituality. I thought that you were intelligent and self-aware enough to be nudged away from the less palatable and more insulting aspects of your pitch, but you have proven me wrong in your victory this day! Seems like we both lost a little respect for each other, so hey, Buddhism! yay!

So, tell me, now that it's all over, what was your point again..? And if it's just "I wanted to share Buddhism with you guys", well, that was the problem wasn't it..? :/

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Rip » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:08 pm

I didn't say you need my thing to get there. None of us ever stop being the best us from the moment we're born to the moment we die. That's the core of the Lotus Sutra. It's just it's easy to forget that. My thing is helpful for remembering it.

We're done if you want to be done.
Last edited by Despanan on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 pm

This is a good thread. It made me think about stuff. Try not to give your cult too much money, Desp.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:07 pm

I'll do my best.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion