[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - So, I'm a Buddhist now.

So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Re: So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Postby Rip » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Agent » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Despanan, I think my problem with this is that you entire position is based on personal experience that you are applying to other people with no evidence to back it up.

Your explanation of a "religious experience" is vague to the point of being useless nonsense, and you prefaced it by saying that it was just a personal theory. And before that you had even said that you know you experience feelings differently than the vast majority of people, so I don't understand why you think you can just make blanket recommendations off of your own experience when you admit that it is not in line with most other people's. You then go on to say that faith does not mean faith but you keep saying it like it does and just hand-waving that by saying "oh you wouldn't get it because you're stuck in western thinking". You say that faith and religious experiences don't have to come from faith or religion but according to your view they still do. You're arguing in circles and I don't know why I'm still having this conversation because after I looked up SGI and found out it is 100% a for-real cult and you really need to stop doing it I felt bad about talking in this thread so I will stop again OK goodbye forever.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Rip » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:47 pm

http://www.toride.org/eindex.html

https://sokagakkailies.wordpress.com/20 ... it-matter/

http://www.cultnews.com/category/sokagakkai/

I differ with Agent's post only in that the "cult" status of your new belief system does not matter to me and never did; I believe if this makes you happy, there's no reason you "really need to stop doing it". Everything else Agent said though fills in the gaps of what I thought I said before lunch. Except for the "goodbye forever" part I guess.

I get that you're saying that this buddhism isn't for everyone and that this flavor of buddhism isn't for everyone and that spirituality isn't for everyone, but you're also saying these things at the same time as their opposites.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Hey guys, this is really interesting, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can, unfortunately I fly to Iceland tomorrow so it'll be a week or so unless I find myself with the time & wifi.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Samurai » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:07 pm

If it makes any difference to your response, I read your previous posts in pretty much the same way Rip and Agent did. If that's not what you intended to say, either we all happened to misunderstand similarly, or some further clarity on your point might be required.

Have a great trip, and I'd suggest waiting till you're back to reply. Iceland has enough to do that this forum should not be the priority. :)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:33 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:56 am

Despanan what do you think of the Star Trek episode "This Side of Paradise"? It's right now. I was listening to some heated debates about the nature of happiness based on this episode that relate to what you were talking about.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Rip » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Rip
flanelForever

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion