[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Why Corvo is better than Altair, Conner, and Ezio combined

Why Corvo is better than Altair, Conner, and Ezio combined

Why Corvo is better than Altair, Conner, and Ezio combined

Postby Skittles » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Skittles
Quits D&D games

Re: Why Corvo is better than Altair, Conner, and Ezio combin

Postby Samurai » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:50 pm

It looks very good, and reviews have all been positive, so I definitely plan to play it when it's a bit cheaper. But I don't really want to pay full price for a game with less than a dozen hours' gameplay, to be honest. It'll just encourage them to do more of it, and no matter what the quality, I like a little bit more content first time round, as I don't generally replay games*.

I'm generally patient when it comes to games* -- I still haven't picked up Skyrim, which does have the content but seemed just a little overpriced compared to other titles. Apologies that you're deprived of discussion re Dishonoured in the meantime.

______
* Unless we're talking about Mass Effect
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Skittles » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 am

I worry that I fall back on this next question too much, but... Was Portal worse of a game for only being a handful of hours? It could also be argued that Dishonored is worth 2 playthroughs at the very least with plenty of originality to warrant more. Now, I understand the desire for frugal game acquisition, but if length vs price is the only thing holding you back then I might suggest a re-evaluation.

And you're right to wait for skyrim to drop since they sure didn't wait to drop it into the market before fixing the
Skittles
Quits D&D games

Postby dexeron » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Dishonored = so good.

Also, Brad Dourif totally Brad Dourif's all over the place in his role. I'm like: "Oh, yea, it's you. Being you." ;)
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Samurai » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm

"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Skittles » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:14 pm

AS a side note, the dlc is definitely NOT worth it unless you really like carnival games.

"We're going to make a superbly crafted game that relies on narrative and tone, and then we'll release dlc where you shoot exploding barrels out of the sky"
Skittles
Quits D&D games

Return to Throne Room