[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Chiropractic

Chiropractic

Chiropractic

Postby Despanan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:19 pm

I went in with back pain.

They popped my bones and electrocuted my back and stuck needles into my muscles.

I’m feeling much better now.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: Chiropractic

Postby shadowmimiiru » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 pm

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby Despanan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 pm

They have me coming back before the week is up.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Sage » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Not much confidence in their own treatment, eh?
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Despanan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 pm

I dunno. I think It’s just gonna take a bit to fix this shit. I was thrown off a horse in 2007, likely have a pinched nerve in my neck...and my back is all fucked up from sleeping on a warped mattress for a year.

Protip: mattress warranties are bullshit.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Sage » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:19 pm

You pulled the tag off, didn't you? It's illegal you know. Says so on the tag.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Despanan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:51 pm

I admit to nothing.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Chiropractic is bullshit.

That doesn't mean chiropractors can't help you feel better. There's a lot of overlap between what chiropractors do and actual useful shit like physical therapy and massage, so going to a chiropractor can sometimes help because most chiropractors also do that helpful stuff, but just keep in mind that the underlying theory behind chiropractic "medicine" is utter nonsense. It's like if you have an infection, and you come to me for help, and I give you antibiotics. What I'm doing is helpful, but if I believe that the antibiotics are actually magical pixies in a bottle put there by space aliens who ejaculated them in some kind of tantric sex ritual, and they fight your infection because infections are actually caused by negative sex vibes, like, I'm helping you get better, but there's something inherently fucked up there, and you'd probably have been better off going to a real doctor in the first place.

Also, I'm charging you like three times what it would have cost you to just go to the regular doctor in the first place.

Also also, far too many chiropractors will treat any and all symptoms with "you just need an adjustment!" instead of actually recommending an actual doctor for ongoing concerns, which leads to potentially serious illnesses getting worse for being untreated while the chiropractor keeps making "adjustments," and then people die because chiropractors are fucking quacks. I know a dude who died of cancer because his chiropractor kept telling him that all his symptoms were cause by misalignment or whatever the fuck, and he never got treated, and the cancer kept growing, and by the time it was actually discovered, it was too late.

Also also also, anyone who does chiropractic adjustment on infants (which has recently become this trendy "thing") needs to be launched into the fucking sun.

But glad you're feeling better. Physical therapy is amazing and it helped me tons when I had back issues from sleeping on a broken mattress awhile back.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Samurai » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:07 pm

What Dex said, basically. Including the bit about being glad you're in less discomfort now.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:23 pm

At the moment they're doing a bunch of things including deep tissue massage, adjustments, electroshock massage, trigger point therapy (dry needles into cramped muscles) therapeutic ultrasound and acupuncture. My insurance covers all this so they're only charging me a $10 copay.

On the x-rays it seems like my neck and spine are a little too straight, and my spine has been pulled slightly to the right by the cramping muscles. I also likely have a pinched nerve in my neck - which has translated into my left hand having a grip that's 30psi weaker than my right.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Next

Return to Throne Room