[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - webomemics

webomemics

webomemics

Postby Agent » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:15 am

these are the ones i rad

this are the ones i pretend to read

Agent
Get out of here

Re: webomemics

Postby dexeron » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:45 am

Now that Power Nap is finally sticking to a schedule, you should move that up to the top group. ;)
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby dexeron » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:11 pm

KAEFERBEL or however you spell it.

It's been awhile since there's been a "what do you all read" webcomics thread, so maybe folks will get something from this:

My comic roll: I read the aforementioned smbc, nedroid, and Power Nap, but also

Four more webcomics that every person should be reading or there is something wrong with them:

: If you are not reading Unsounded, you need to re-examine your life choices right now. It is easily one of the best drawn, best written, best plotted, best executed comics currently on the internet, hands-down. We might argue about the top spot, but Unsounded belongs in any top 10 list, possibly top 5. What the hell are you still doing reading this. Go power through the archives and understand for yourself.

: Do I need to explain? It's fucking Dr. McNinja. It's also on the final story-arc before he wraps up the comic for good. Go. Read.

: Excellent long-form comic about a girl who gets sucked into another dimension and ends up on an alternate Earth in the past. It's a slowly unfolding story, full of intrigue and great characters... and it's on indefinite hiatus. The guy who draws it had a series of personal real-life things come up that have kept him from being able to continue for what looks to be at least another month or so. But it's really a good comic: well plotted and paced, well drawn, and interesting. He also draws:

: Another comic by the same guy, and it's really an amazing story so far. Great art, great concept, great execution. I actually like this one better than Miamaska, but it's much more straight-Fantasy based. A neat concept with a pretty cool stable of characters so far. But again, on indefinite hiatus.

(I can't stress enough how awesome Miamaska and Trial of the Sun are. They are freaking fantastic stories... but it's going to be awhile until either one starts back up again. But they are amazing.)

---

Other stuff that's still good, but not as good:

: I don't know how to explain it. A little kid gets taken on an other-worldly adventure by a guy with a TV for a head...? It's actually very well drawn and told, but a little dark and very surreal.

: A comic about a single-mom barbarian in Ancient Greece. Lots of puns and stupid jokes. It is about as historically accurate as Xena, but cuter and funnier. It used to update once a week, but has gone for over a month with no updates.

: An adorable comic that's a "true" story about a woman working in Japan as an English teacher. It is super cute, and made for a good replacement since "Fried Chicken and Sushi" ended.

: This used to be a good comic about a guy who went to Japan to teach English. It was loosely based on how he met his wife there. He ended the story when the characters fell in love, and decided to continue it as "Little Fried Chicken and Sushi," as if all of the characters were now school-age children in Japan together. It got... really kind of boring. It was funny and clever, but now it's just really weird unfunny jokes. The archives of the original comic are there, though, and it was pretty good while it lasted.

: obviously.

---

Comics that I am embarrassed to admit that I read:

: a pretentious comic for pretentious people. I still read it, and it's actually on a kind of regular update schedule (once a fortnight? Ok, I guess?) It's still as frustrating as it ever was, but I'm invested enough that I have to see where it goes.

: I still like it. Don't judge me.

: the new comic done by the Questionable Content guy. It's ok so far, I guess, but I need to see where it goes.

Oglaf: I'm not embarrassed about it. But I can't read it at work, which is the only time I have time to read webcomics.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Agent » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Agent
Get out of here

Return to Throne Room