[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby Samurai » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:26 pm

I saw this today. It is good. I expected to enjoy Rocket the most, and while he was my favourite character, it was a surprisingly close call. Everyone got a dose of pathos, balanced nicely with the comedy. There were a couple of small misfires, such as too-rapid action scenes, but they were definitely small -- the whole thing came across as a pretty glorious romp. Interesting that the post-credit sequence contained no teaser for a follow-up movie, though (can't imagine will get a reboot). Marvel clearly weren't sure this was going to be the success it has been.

Did others feel those box office receipts were justified?
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby dexeron » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:11 am

Seen it twice, and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

We are Groot.

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby Samurai » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:24 am

I concur. Properly laughed out loud when the grooving started.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Return to Throne Room