[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Samurai » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:30 am

That's amusing. :)

Finally finished my insanity run earlier in the week. The delay was down to lack of time rather than the challenge of the task, though; I don't know whether it's the SP difficulty curve of ME3 or the fact I've had more practice thanks to MP, but it seemed an awful lot easier than the highest difficulty setting on the earlier games. With only one or two exceptions, even the big set pieces only required two or three attempts for me to win through. Curious to know if anyone else found the same.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Sorce » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Yeah, Insanity on ME3 is the easiest to run out of the three games. It also helps that if you're consistently good on Silver in the MP, Insanity is around that level of difficulty. It helps that there's no pause or "bullet time" in MP so you have to be able to think on your feet and line up shots a hell of a lot faster in MP just to stay alive.
Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Samurai » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:44 pm

I just tend not to use sniper rifles in MP. ;) Glad it isn't just me that noticed it, though -- I'd have been somewhat discombobulated if my video gaming ability had suddenly got that much better!
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Sorce » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:40 pm

And it is kind of amusing for that 2nd or 3rd run, if you've been playing MP for a while. A big deal is made when an Atlas pops up in the SP... and then it's gone almost as fast because you're used to 3 or so at once. Plus Phantoms.
Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Sorce » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 am

So N7 Day was a thing again, and BioWare devs hopped on ME3MP for the day and played with the few people that still do that sort of thing, as well as tossing out deals for ME-related merch, and kind-of-but-not-really showing progress on what will probably be ME4...

I mention this because it got me back into playing Mass Effect 3, but more specifically, the single-player portion. Having not played in months, I'd forgotten what choices I'd made as far as plot points and characters (both in ME3 and the franchise as a whole) on this character, so it was practically a new experience for me. I "started" on Tuchanka, and am currently on Rannoch, debating how I want to end this chapter of the story. It's... suprisingly difficult, since I'm pretty sure I'll have to sacrifice something since I don't have Legion. What is making it easier is that Not-Legion acts exactly like Legion, but without the previous game's familiarity/emotional connection. Also this Shepard is banging Tali.

Anyone else still playing, or pick the game back up lately?
Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby dexeron » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:13 am

I was in the middle of my broshep-Talimancer playthrough of ME3 and got sidetracked. I think I was close to the end, but was holding off to finish all the side missions and planet scans and stuff. Then I got distracted, with AC3 I think.

Right now I'm so busy with Pirate's Creed and Eve Online that I actually forgot that I wasn't done with ME3 (at least, not done with this playthrough.) I also forgot that I bought GTA5, played one mission of it, and promptly forgot I had it because, again, PIRATE'S CREED.

Did I mention pirates? And that they actually SING?
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Samurai » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:52 pm

I really wanted to play on N7 day (haven't done the ME MP thing for months), but alas, had a job application that needed finishing. Sounds like I'll have to play the solo ME3 campaign through again without carrying a save over from ME2, though, as I had no idea there even was a Not-Legion.
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby dexeron » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:53 pm

I keep not doing missions because I'm too busy stopping to listen to songs all the time. It's bad enough that they sing in the taverns that you pass, Pirate's Creed also has your crew sing randomly as you sail, and it's always an awesome song I want to hear, so I end up NOT attacking the ship I'm following because I just want to hear the boys sing. A pirate's life is hard, I've got to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-FjKazQ-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmGoPGFJq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmGoPGFJq0
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Sorce » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Samurai » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:00 am

Renegade interrupt. :)
Samurai
Deserves better

PreviousNext

Return to Throne Room