[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Sorce » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 am

Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Samurai » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Indeed. It was a bit of a shock to find I couldn't use cover (I did no research), but the enormous shields render that somewhat irrelevant. And there's little that feels as satisfying as destroying an Atlas with a hammer.

The Citadel trailer was interesting. Somewhat fanservice-y, as several commentators have noted, but given the insufficient attention the LIs got in ME3, I'm okay with that. ;)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Sorce » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 am

Oh no, the last DLC ever will be fanservicey. As a fan, I never wished to be serviced. Wait...

Anyway, the trailer in case anyone wants a handy copy to view at their leisure. I am now going to go watch it for the third time.

"The last guy that trash talked me was a few kilometers taller than you."

If you don't like this trailer, you don't like fun.
Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Sorce » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Samurai » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Managed my first extraction on platinum as part of it. I was pretty much carried for a couple of waves by the other three players, but hey, still not bad for a pick-up group.

Now then, Citadel. Haven't explored all the content yet, but finished (AFAIK), the main storyline. Plenty of fun, if a little short -- I know we keep harking back to it, but it wasn't quite LotS, and was a bit more expensive to boot. Of course, I had to buy the last bit of Shepard DLC anyway, and despite the above, I don't regret it. At least as enjoyable as Omega, thanks in no small part to the wry references to other parts of the game, MP in particular. :)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Sorce » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 am

I bought it, and absolutely do not regret it.

It's on par with Shadow Broker, if not above, because of dialog. I've finished it for the most part (not the Arena), and man, it's great.

For those interested, it was mostly written by Patrick Weekes, the guy behind Tali's ME comic, and who wrote most (if not all) of Mordin and a few other characters in ME2. Obviously, he had a hand in ME3 as well, but those are the things I know he did. And most of the MP references in the current DLC are supposedly from when he plays. Heh.
Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Samurai » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:20 pm

My favourite was, to paraphrase:
We're all going to have our own preferences of course, but I'm glad it really hit the spot for you, Sorce. I found the plot and dialogue of LotS just that bit tighter -- Citadel left a couple of unanswered questions and loose ends, such as
I also thought the in-game banter was a little better in LotS, especially with Liara during the cab chase, but then I haven't seen most of the end cut scenes with the squadmates, yet.
Ultimately, though, all the quibbles I've raised are minor; it was good DLC, I enjoyed it and I'd recommend it to other fans of the series. Not least for
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Sorce » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Traynor knocks it out of the park in this DLC. First in the main mission, then with her lunch meeting, then with her (non-romance) apartment visit, and with her conversation with EDI at the party.

Speaking of, supposedly EDI gets "derp face" at a certain point in the DLC, but I didn't have her in my party at the time to see.
Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

Postby Skittles » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:47 pm

[spoiler] Oh man Kasumi zipping in and out of everything AND LOOKING THROUGH YOUR UNDERWEAR. Or the part where, oh man, where I BEAT JAMES MCBEEFCAKE AT PULLUPS BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT. Or the mordin recordings. :'( [/spoiker]

Yeah, this is fanservice through and through but that's just fine by me. It's the ending we all wanted. And that's what's been bugging me about it. All of this dlc stuff I did AFTER I got my closure, after I finished the fight. So here I am with a story and all these phantom memories of discovering reaper-killers and having a fun party. EA talks about standing by their finished product and how it didn't need to be "changed" just "added to" but for all their talk they sure seem hellbent to change the ending in our minds.
Skittles
Quits D&D games

Postby Sorce » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 am

Their talk of "artistic integrity" would have been valid if Chobot wasn't inserted into the game, plus the whole "thanks for beating the game, buy all our upcoming pre-ending DLC" message after the credits.

edit: Oh man, Jack's LI arc in the DLC is great.
Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

PreviousNext

Return to Throne Room