[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Rip we need you

Rip we need you

Re: Rip we need you

Postby Inferno » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rip » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Now now, I'm not decrying the character; he's quite spiffy, in many ways, and I'm honestly glad you chose him over, say, trying to justify The Silver Surfer. However, MHR has become slightly notorious for its 'one-shots'; if you get the right roll, it's possible to defeat an opponent in the very first round of combat if the two are even slightly evenly matched, and while I can justify villains ignoring Cypher for the first couple fights (rounds?), as soon as he actually becomes annoying to a character who can punch a hole through buildings, I'm just worried he'll become a smear pretty quickly.

But like I said, if you're totally cool with this, I see no in-game reason why Cypher couldn't be here and in fact agree with you that he would add a lot of unique abilities. I don't want to scale the story down TOO much though, so maybe just have a backup character in mind in case you die..?

At any rate, I'll start seeing about building him a Character Sheet. I may have to kinda make it an "All-Star Cypher" sheet and include stuffs from different parts of his timeline or something.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:43 pm

I mean I couldn't find the marvel version of the quiz :(
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rip » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Cypher
AFFILIATIONS:
Solo - d6, Buddy - d8, Team - d10

DISTINCTIONS:
Mutant Linguist
Something to Prove
Shy but Defiant

POWER SET:
Omnilingual Translation
d10 Superhuman Senses (Body Language, Translating, Coding, etc)
d8 Enhanced Reflexes
d8 Techno-Organic Resistance

SFX: Natural Programmer. When using your Tech Master Specialty to create Assets, add a d6 and step up your Effect die.
SFX: Sense Weakness. Add a D6 and step up Effect die when using Superhuman Senses to give an ally a weakness-based Asset.
SFX: Exploit Weakness. When using an Omnilingual Translation power in a roll to resist an attack from an opponent who currently suffers from a Complication, apply your Effect die as Stress to the opponent for free if you win your reaction roll
SFX: Focus. If your pool includes an Omnilingual Translation power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 pp.

SPECIALTIES
d10 Tech Master
d8 Cosmic Expert
d8 Psyche Expert

MILESTONES:
Worthy of the Team
1 XP when you talk about your limitations in combat.
3 XP when you first use your powers to create complications for your foes or assets for your allies in a Scene.
10 XP when you either declare yourself above your limitations and change one of your Distinctions to show it or give in to your self-doubt and change one of your Distinctions to illustrate your lack of confidence.

We're gonna say that this is Cypher after his resurrection by Selene, but after being freed from her mind control. We'll say this happened fairly recently, since it won't canonically happen for a year or so in-game; this basically just means he has all the cool stuff you liked, but no bond with Warlock (who is dead).

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 am

I like my milestones a lot
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Inferno » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:20 pm

I have a question, Rippykins.

If I wanted to do something like phase through the ground and grab a guy's foot and sneak him underground and incapacitate him somehow (like tying him up or panching his head off), is that two actions or one action? I'm guessing two. And if I were to do the first part of that, would it work like this:

Team: d10
Harsh night / hard light (for using the night to be stealthy): d8
Intangibility for phasing into the ground: d10
Covert expert for stealth: d8

?

I just want to make sure I understand this system and it's not my turn so I can't just do it there.
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Rip » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:01 pm

That is such a good question I logged in from my phone on my lunch break to answer it so here we go:

What you're trying to do is incapacitate a mans, using your intangibility power. In system speak, you want to impose a "trapped in the ground!" Complication on a bad guy; this will be your Effect die. You want to get this as high as possible, and hopefully step it up to over d12 on a subsequent turn, thus Complicating the mans out of the fight by solidly trapping him in the ground. You picked your dice correctly, because you said you wanna sneak up and do this, so all your dice are justified. You'd roll, get a total, choose an effect die, and then the character would resist. If his total beats yours, he saw you and evaded. If your roll beats his, your Effect die determines just how trapped he is to start!

From then on, anyone targeting this same mans can use a die of your Effect level in any rolls against him, to represent his Complication. Only you can step it up on subsequent turns, tho.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Inferno » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Oh, rad. That's straightforward.
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Sorce » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:45 am

Sorce
Dragonball is still cool

PreviousNext