[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Fiscal conservatives & libertarian economics!

Fiscal conservatives & libertarian economics!

Re: Fiscal conservatives & libertarian economics!

Postby shadowmimiiru » Fri May 03, 2013 7:40 am

*Shakes head*

I really need to move some place better. Too bad the whole world is in this liberal shit can.

*walks away, still shaking her head*
shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 am

Uh Mim? Wasn't your original career choice that of a public school teacher? A role that is y'know, traditionally underfunded and liberals generally want to fund?

EDIT: Plus my whole first post was about how conservative economic theory just had a big hole blown in it.
HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

Postby shadowmimiiru » Fri May 03, 2013 10:23 am

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 am

30,000$ a year is a really low wage, mim. Plus I was under the impression that for many teachers the "two months off" thing wasn't necessarily an attractive perk. Sure you get that time off, but that's also time where you're not being paid.

I mean if you're happy with it, kudos to you, though.

Also what 3rd party groups are you referring to?
HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

Postby Esunasoul » Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 am

You get paid in the summer. Most hold salary back and divide it out equally through the year.

I'm not sure benefits packages are all that over-stuffed these days, mim. School board employees in my office must come in for annual physicals but have to pay for everything besides visit with cash out of pocket (blood, urine, EKG, etc). Medicare sucks less than Florida school board insurance.
Esunasoul

Postby Zengus » Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 am

I barely make 30k a year :/

Screw you HDS, it's above the poverty line (I think).
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Despanan » Sat May 04, 2013 12:09 pm

*Raises hand* I'm not a liberal. I'm a leftist. I actually kinda hate liberals. Just wanted to point that out.

Edit: Also - (and this shows the sickness and political illiteracy of American culture) you know who ARE Liberals? Republicans. And Libertarians. And Democrats.

But yeah, I tend to dislike Liberals in both the traditional and colloquial sense.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sat May 04, 2013 6:45 pm

HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

Postby Despanan » Sat May 04, 2013 10:21 pm

30K is not enough to raise a child. Not even close.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Sun May 05, 2013 6:17 am

Because Desp has lot's of children and real-world experience... What with running away from his rich family, playing Indian for a while, and hiking a mountain.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion