[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Random Stuff

Random Stuff

Random Stuff

Postby Phantomgrift » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:32 am

In delightful further fodder for Desp, I have been holding discourse with a p-sychologist.
I have unmitigated anger issues that are slowly being looked into, and ativan to keep the work-related outbursts down to a low rumble.

I may yet track down Desperent and end his silly form, but strong prescription drugs prevent that at this time.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Re: Random Stuff

Postby Zengus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:16 am

I'm glad to hear that, Phant. I've had some experience on the couch as well, and I would recommend it to pretty much anyone who's never tried it, and recommend it again to anyone who had a bad experience and decided that all shrinks are terrible or that it's "just not for them." Invariably you will learn some things about yourself and it helps you work through any issues you do have by verbalizing them, which is a much more effective thought process than, say, silently brooding in your apartment while you chain smoke (man, I'm glad that phase of my life is over).

Be careful with the meds, but give them a proper shot (you can't really know how a regimen will affect you in the long run until you've diligently followed it at least a month or two). Every prescription I've had has had side effects at one point or another that made me seriously question whether they were worth it. Some of them ended up not being right for me, but some of them proved to be really useful stepping stones to help me deal with problems I had and develop habits I needed. I'm not on them any more, but they helped me get to a place where I felt level and more in control of myself than I was before.

I will lose a lot of respect for Desp if he ever tries to use this to insult you. I know how hard it can be to make the choice to go to a psychologist, it takes personal courage to admit that you could use some help.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Phantomgrift » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:28 am

It's interesting, and if nothing else, simply confirms a bunch of things I already knew. But a fresh perspective on things helps.

And Desp will do whatever Despy do, mostly because he's nuttier than chunky peanut butter.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Despanan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Good to hear you're getting the help you need. You and your family will be better off for it.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Just wish you'd gotten help sooner.

EDIT: Prevention is always easier than treatment.
HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

Postby Esunasoul » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Ativan is a short-term solution. If you need long-term meds, I recommend other than a a benzo. However, everyone should be in therapy.

Absolutely. Everyone.
Esunasoul

Postby Ventilator » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:57 am

I'm a big advocate of therapy. Then again, I'm training to be an engineer which means that I'm wired to acknowledge problems and find a solution.

I was in grief counseling for a little while when my sister-in-law died. I attended group sessions once a week until I was involved in a car accident; then walking without crutches became impossible. I didn't really get much from the experience, but what I did get helped a lot. Mostly just an unconventional sense of reassurance that is kind of like watching Jerry Springer or going to Walmart. Seeing people worse off than myself was great for putting things in perspective. On top of that, there were a few nuggets of wisdom that the counselor and group shared that confirmed some of my own beliefs. I guess sometimes it's just nice to hear your own thoughts through the voice of others. Long story short, the experience was helpful to me.

If it means anything, phant, you have my support.
Ventilator
Pretty cool

Postby Phantomgrift » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Not quite the response I expected, but nice to see.

And up yours Desp. My family was never at risk nor a problem. My stressors and issues stemmed from my job and the world at large. As Esunasoul said, this is a temporary trial aspect.
I don't need to take them while I'm at home, and they keep me from exploding in anger at work at the tiniest nothing.
Waiter... Waiter?

Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Despanan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 pm

I didn't say your family was at risk. I said they'd be better off. They will. It's alot of pressure being a living stressball; especially considering the stuff you say they prevent you from doing. It's also very hard to see someone you care about be constantly unhappy.

I was paying you a compliment and letting you know that those closest to you also had much to gain from your treatment.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Zengus » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:46 am

Zengus
Muscle cook

Next

Return to General Discussion