[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Random Stuff

Random Stuff

Re: Random Stuff

Postby Despanan » Mon May 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow, it's almost as if clanBOB were some sort of discussion board where people posted things and then waited for responses and then responded in kind.

BUT THAT WOULD BE CRAZYTOWN.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Mon May 06, 2013 1:08 pm

And here I am, responding in kind to your inane blithering... So it all works out in the end!
Yay! Beer and Whiskey all around!
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Esunasoul » Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Hm. I don't believe that it's basic human nature to delight in the suffering of others.
Esunasoul

Postby Rip » Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 am

Doesn't really seem like it'd result in anything resembling "society" or "the world as we know it", yeah

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu May 09, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't know Esuna...

Picture of starving Orphans = Not Funny
Picture of Orphans being fired out of giant Orphan Cannons = Hilarious
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Rip » Thu May 09, 2013 6:10 pm

I am almost certain that's not even close to a global human truism.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Esunasoul » Fri May 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Everything can be funny if taken to it's absurd dark extreme. But that doesn't mean you delight in human suffering. In fact, if you watched a youtube video about orphan cannons with some actual orphans in the same room, you'd probably feel a little awkward. That's empathy.
Esunasoul

Postby Phantomgrift » Sat May 11, 2013 6:46 am

I think my first reaction would be to wonder in what Country a person was allowed to build an orphan cannon. I would then weigh the comedy of the nature versus how much I found it to be "wrong".

I'm not going to lie, outside of my immediate family, my empathy levels tanked somewhere around the late nineties.
I find I can get more emotionally responsive to a movie than I can a news story of an actual event. It's one of the things we're talking about to the doc as well. Granted, with our existing schedule, I haven't been able to reschedule my appointment that I was supposed to have before things shifted and we went underway for three days.
Waiter... Waiter?

Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Despanan » Sat May 11, 2013 10:20 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Sat May 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Woah! A single study... Man, I better run out and hop aboard the Desp bandwagon, cause OMG! A study says!

I'm amused to note that this fits in well with Cracked.com and their continued articles or columns highlighting what "studies" have shown.

Ooooo! Wait, or could these be one of those things akin to: "Well, studies show that the roads would be safer to drive on if everyone simply followed basic driving rules."

Next Desp will be telling me that you require a License to operate a motor vehicle. Well, except for the court cases that proved it wasn't a requirement.

Tell ya what Desp. Prove to me that their theory is correct and give me your money.
I mean, you're all about working with others and giving things to people, right? So give me your money and the rights to your plays.

I'm not going to give you shit, but that's because we've already established that I'm a bitter asshole who really doesn't think much of the majority of the human race.
Waiter... Waiter?

Phantomgrift
Despanan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion