[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Random Stuff

Random Stuff

Re: Random Stuff

Postby Rip » Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 am

No, I didn't miss my chance, I just failed. HUGE difference, yo

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Esunasoul » Tue May 14, 2013 9:23 am

Esunasoul

Postby dexeron » Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 am

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Rip » Tue May 14, 2013 11:26 am

I was the guy who got frustrated, realized I was getting frustrated, realized what that meant about me, realized what giving up would mean about me, and gave up.

and now here we are, in THIS thread, reading what we've read, and knowing what we know about each other and the way things are.

i'm sure there's some sort of appropriately profound quote out there somewhere from some sort of general, but I think Esuna already summed it up nice enough

<3

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Phantomgrift » Tue May 14, 2013 5:59 pm

I get the feeling you can't "argue" someone into being a better person.
You can only point out the benefits and hope something sticks.

Personally, I'm still cranky and cynical... But not quite as much as I used to be.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Esunasoul » Tue May 14, 2013 9:30 pm

I disagree, I think much of becoming a better person is achieved through arguing, or at the very least struggling with big questions. You can't force someone else to become a better person, but you can refuse to put up with bullshit. But yes, rather than lecture you have to lead by example while yourself looking to the example of those you admire.

I was drifting a little listlessly 2 years ago and I took a required masters class called, I swear to god, Foundations of Caring. I thought it was going to be the most fluffy BS class ever but it really screwed my head back on and got me back on track with my personal vision. I already believed most of what we talked about, but sometimes just getting it all out there, examining it from all sides, even laughing about it helps you reconnect with what is important to you. Now I have the well-being of a person doing my Will. I wish such purpose and contentment for everyone.
Esunasoul

Previous

Return to General Discussion