[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Explosions in Boston

Explosions in Boston

Re: Explosions in Boston

Postby Skittles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 am

All of our active BOB's who live near Boston checked in, right? I was kind of worried at least that Desp might be in the crowd. glad to see you're still in one piece.

Also, I encourage all of you to not talk about this on facebook and shit. Any mother will tell you that giving a brat attention when they are being a brat only makes things worse.
Skittles
Quits D&D games

Postby Samurai » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 am

The deaths were tragic, especially as, I understand, one of the casualties was a young child, but given the size of the event, I'm also glad to read it wasn't a lot worse.

I'm also pleased the president isn't jumping to the same conclusions some pundits immediately did.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Emoore » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:26 am

I realize this was in part 'cause this forum isn't as active as some other places I frequent, but I'd just like to say thanks, everybody, for not speculating wildy - based on virtually no information - about what the race/nationality/political/religious affiliations of these dudes probably was. And also for not reposting every single internet rumor as fact or drawing unsupported connections with other shitty events ("A chemical plant exploded?... Near Waco you say? Well, now I don't want to insinuate anything, but it certainly makes you think, doesn't it? PS ammonia fertilizer was used in the OK City truck bombing ZOMG"). There was a lot of dumb, borderline panicky shit-stirring flying around in both the initial investigation and then the whole "active manhunt" part, and that made some fora near-intolerable. So congrats for being way better than that shit, you guys.

Also, good job not being CNN or most cable news this week. Way to be.
webpage:twitter:
Emoore

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm o.k you guys
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Samurai » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Bueno.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Previous

Return to General Discussion