[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Explosions in Boston

Explosions in Boston

Explosions in Boston

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Stuck in the grad student lounge so I spent my afternoon brewing tea for all the marathon runners dropping in for respite/sanctuary. Poor guys seemed shell shocked.
HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

Re: Explosions in Boston

Postby Sage » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Found out about it at work. One of the guys had family in the area, left early to see if they were okay. I'm kinda worried about him.

To pile tragedy upon disaster, has already jumped on this.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Phantomgrift » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:15 pm

I will refrain from my basic spiel about the media.

Hopefully folks will bounce back from this. I'm a little more curious to learn, from an intel perspective, if this was a home-grown group, a lone radical nut-job, or basic soft-target tactics by Islamic extremists.

The dual-explosion thing isn't very common for home-grown, but then again, in this day and age of information, a lot of what was once "standard" has changed as some idiot sees something they hadn't previously considered and declared "Hey, that's a good idea!"

Postscript: Fuck the WBC. They'd jump on anything if they felt it was something they could "protest".
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Esunasoul » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:23 pm

That was the second exposed shin bone I didn't want to see this month.
Esunasoul

Postby Despanan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:45 pm

I'm getting resigned to the fact that something terrible is going to happen every six months or so.

The conspiracists are already losing their shit.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 am

Terrible?

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/world/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/world/mea ... hpt=wo_bn8
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/world/eur ... hpt=wo_bn6
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/world/mea ... ?hpt=wo_c2

In the long run of things, this wasn't really "terrible"... Save perhaps in its visual aspect.
Between various commands, I'm used to seeing explosions around the world on the news. I'm used to seeing jack-offs doing jack-off things. I guess most folks just don't except stuff like this here in the States as opposed to third-world Stanastans.
Last edited by Phantomgrift on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Sage » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:08 am

Not to mention the massive conflict in Venezuela. Boston may not have been the worst thing that happened today, but that doesn't really mean you should belittle it.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Phantomgrift » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:14 am

Not really trying to belittle it, but we've all grown mildly annoyed with it here in the shop as it's going on 1300 and it's been running on the TV since roughly 0600. We've been instructed we can't change the channel for whatever reason.
Waiter... Waiter?

Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby cain » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:35 am

you're on fire? what are you complaining about, I saw a guy get his head blown off! no I won't help you!
cain
Drunk

Postby Ventilator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 am

The thing that gets me is that people on Facebook clicking the like button when their friends make a cut and dry news post about this. I mean, why would you like the bombing of a historic city? I know Boston isn't exactly the most liked city in the US, but come on.
Ventilator
Pretty cool

Next

Return to General Discussion