[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - It's over

It's over

It's over

Postby Despanan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Slug is gone...though we have 400,000+ (and counting) dead Americans due to his negligence and malice and no real way to fix the problems that made him POTUS in the first place.

Yay?
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: It's over

Postby Inferno » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:01 pm

We can still yay, even though a liberal in power will still inevitably destroy the planet. The world needs leaders from the left, not liberals.

But still, he will ruin things slower than a Republican, and so we can yay. Congrats on rejoining Paris Agreement, WHO, etc. Biden has a lot of undoing to get done. Unfortunately, the damage to public health and international relationships can't be repaired as easily as treaties.
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Despanan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:10 pm

You're right.

Also, Jesus we've all come a long way haven't we? I used to be Mr. Young GOP.

I'm kinda pissed Biden hasn't ended the ICE concentration camps yet and let those poor people (especially the kids) go free.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Ventilator » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:48 am

Ventilator
Pretty cool

Postby dexeron » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm

All I know is I went from "WE HAVE TO STOP CREEPING STATISM AND THE REPUBLICANS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN DO IT" to...

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Phantomgrift » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:27 pm

... It's not over.

It's a new year, and things are ramping up to be even more entertaining that anything 2020 could have given us!
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Samurai » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:50 pm

Well, there'll be further COVID deaths thanks to the former president's incompetence and selfishness, if that's what you mean. And McConnell is going to continue trying to stop the federal government from actually helping anyone because he remains an evil bastard, so... more of the same in that regard, I guess?
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:52 pm

I am so mad that McConnell is from Kentucky. Like McGrath was NEVER going to be able to beat him because she was pretty much a perfect example of Dems trying to give conservatives what they THINK conservatives want, when in reality, conservatives just want whatever hurts their own perceived enemies the most.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:54 pm

Like I hate to say it, (and I've been saying it for years) but these people CANNOT be reasoned with or appealed to. They can only be defeated. The longer the Dems remain blind to this the more likely it is that the NEXT Trump is even worse and the next coup succeeds.

And if they were trying to appeal to them, "A Marine and a Mom" is not the way to do it.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Samurai » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:26 am

I think Biden and Harris might have realised that bipartisan lawmaking is dead for the time being, which is why they went the budget reconciliation route for COVID relief. Sooner or later the Dems are going to have to play hardball and as I suspect Biden won't stand for a second term, he has little to lose in being more combative than his recent predecessors were. He'll just need to make sure that Harris comes out of whatever his administration does with enough appeal to the independent voters to lead the 2024 ticket.

I'm inclined to agree with your assessment about hardened MAGAs at this point, Desp. As a professional communicator I hate to say it because I always want to reach out to people and bring them with me, but there's just so much sunk cost fallacy, tribalism and actual fake news driving the GOP base that they may well be unreachable for a generation or more. It's been said that 33% of people are basically decent, 33% are garbage and 33% are just apathetic. It's what one does to rouse that latter third that counts.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Return to General Discussion