Checking in

Re: Checking in

Postby Samurai » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:52 pm

As long as the relocation makes the switch back to IT worthwhile (and I have friends who live on Long Island who absolutely love Vermont, so I know it's rather pretty), that's the main thing. Glad to hear all is tickety-boo with you. :)

I am bumping along with the recent assistance of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and an ACE inhibitor. My young man's special needs have led to some very challenging behaviour over the past couple of months and it's been a little overwhelming at times, particularly in light of some unwelcome budget cuts to some of the support he gets, but while I can't say a corner has yet been turned, there are some positives on the horizon for him. The meds are helping to keep me calmer, too, which is crucial in helping him manage his own moods. It's not a particularly uplifting answer to your question, but it could be considerably worse. I am not, for example, in the Yemen.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby feadog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pm

The relocation was so my husband could go to grad school It's like another country here. Hilly and beautiful, but very dry and I am seriously considering getting a light box.We went from sharing a house with 3-5 generations under one roof (depending on who was visiting) to a tiny apartment, too, so that's a big change, too. I'm glad the Jetsons is real life now and video chat and robots that vacuum are a thing, lol

Yemen is the worst
feadog

Postby Phantomgrift » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:05 pm

I'm a week away from 40 and roughly 4 years away from Retirement... At which point, I'm not sure I want to continue the GS/Gov Contractor thing, and may just see about getting into voice acting, if for no other reason than to give credence to every random stranger that's every asked if I have considered voice-over or radio work...
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Sage » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:44 pm

Also not in Yemen. Working retail is suffering, so I'm in a form of figurative Yemen.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby dexeron » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Well, Phant, there will probably be an opening for someone to voice Broly soon. :P
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Samurai » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:34 pm

I was so rude for not answering this, and I'll bet Inferno and Dex (and maybe Rip and Phant) are the only ones who'll see my ultra-belated response now, but I'm doing OK, with reference to the discussion I had with Sage elsewhere in the forum. Working in National Health Service communications is... a bit busy just now, shall we say. I've discovered I'm really not cut out for home working on a permanent basis, though, and my youngster (now ten, for goodness' sake -- where does the time go?) is very much missing swimming pools being open, but because HM Government buggered up the pandemic response so badly, we're still meant to stay at home as often as possible while New Zealand's entire population goes nightclubbing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I've now been on SSRI antidepressants and blood pressure medication for just a little longer than the gap between your post and my reply, and they have made a very large difference to my and my family's wellbeing. So that's nice.

Shame about the dearth of library jobs, Fea, should you happen to see this at some point, but I hope the databases are behaving themselves, at least! Please convince your company and/or clients to use a proper one, though, not an Excel workbook as our /actual national COVID testing service/ did until they realised using columns instead of rows for a user's data was a spectacularly bad idea, the nitwits.

Some friends of mine who live on Long Island visit Vermont every chance they get -- I'd like to see New England sometime*, particularly in the autumn^H^H^H^H^Hfall.

____
* This is a desire I've harboured for years, not a creepy way to solicit an invitation, I should stress.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Previous

Return to General Discussion