This website is just a digital gravestone

This website is just a digital gravestone

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm

we come to pay respects in the form of shitposting
Nick
Site Admin

Re: This website is just a digital gravestone

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:30 am

You can't report a post for being sad, agent. Also wow there was a real report from 2013 buried in the reports interface. Uh sorry about that person who filed a report in 2013 that was a genuine report too. This is a good website.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 am

I was looking at old threads where I've posted in because of that super old report and I don't remember posting any of these. This whole place is just a weird fever dream. Who are any of you even
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Samurai » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:25 am

Nick wrote:Also wow there was a real report from 2013 buried in the reports interface. Uh sorry about that person who filed a report in 2013 that was a genuine report too. This is a good website.

I wouldn't worry too much. Back in the dim and distant past when I was a mod, there was at least one issue I really should have taken action on, and didn't. We learn things and move on.

Indeed, I think it's fair to say most of us aren't quite the people we were when we started posting on the ClanBOB forums, which may be one of the reasons we've been drifting away.

It's interesting -- almost exactly the same thing happened to a newsgroup that Dex and I used to frequent, but enough of the community kept in touch with each other that it now has a very active Facebook group instead. Is that better than a dedicated web board? Probably not, for reasons stated by the Oatmeal (whatever Phant's views of the wider comic might be), but it's easier for most people to access and perhaps better than losing touch completely with others with whom we've had extensive interaction.

In the words of Arnold J Rimmer, over the years I have come to regard you as … people I met. ;)
~Samurai

"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Thanks Nick

Postby Despanan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:09 pm

For closing the report I made on Phant when he threatened my life back in 2013.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: Thanks Nick

Postby Despanan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:20 am

Oh wait. Sorry, it wasn’t one of his many death threats. It was a picture of dead puppies. Which you LEFT UP.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:52 am

You never reported the death threads, or at least I didn't see them. Yeah the report feature is real obtuse, I literally never saw the report till now. Didn't even know it alerted you. I left it up because I didn't think it would matter in 2018 or that anyone would ever visit that thread again. I would have removed it at the time if I had known but as you know this is a bad forum with poor moderators.
Nick
Site Admin

Re: Thanks Nick

Postby dexeron » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:24 am

I forgot all about that thread. Jeez that's painful. It's really hard to read it with all the strawmen in the way.
My Twitch channel! https://www.twitch.tv/attentive_dragon
My Twitter! https://www.twitter.com/adddragon
My Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/attentivedragon
I also run one of the ClanBOB Discords at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Rip » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am

If we ban Phant, then I think that officially makes me the Senior Member around here, a title which should come with zero rights or privileges so long as anyone but me is entitled to it
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
Rip
flanelForever

Return to The Moat