Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Re: Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Postby Sage » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Funny. Those are the same talking points people use to tell me I'm still a guy.

You sure you labelled the sides right?
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby shadowmimiiru » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Sage wrote:Funny. Those are the same talking points people use to tell me I'm still a guy.

Here's the thing, Sage. Physically (unless some really good drugs or technology is invented) you are. You have a y chromosome. Mentally you identify as a woman. Okay, I can accept that you see yourself as a woman and want to bring your form as close to the real thing as possible to match with your mental outlook.

This does not change the reality of the y chromosome you carry within you. Nor do I think you deny this reality. However if you were to come to me and demand that I believe you have 2 x chromosomes, menstrate, etc I would be worried.

I don't disparage you, I don't treat you like someone with a mental illness. I recognize that we both understand reality, and that we both understand that the reality and your mental identication don't match up, this does not change reality only the way you (and those willing to accept you and your mental identity) interact within that reality.
shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby Sage » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:09 am

That makes me really fucking angry! thanks
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Samurai » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Gender dysphoria is of course a recognised medical condition and has been for some time. As Neil De Grasse Tyson famously said, "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
~Samurai

"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:54 pm

“Bernie bro who tried to kill the senator”

1) That dude was a standard mainstream liberal.

2) He didn’t try to kill that senator *Because* he liked Bernie (if he did, I don’t remember if he was for Bernie or Hillary) - Fasc kill because they are fasc.

3) That guy had a history of domestic abuse...which was the red flag folks should’ve seen.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 pm

they are culturally dangerous ... and sometimes, that is the larger danger. People who are physically dangerous can be taken apart easily (and physically), but culturally dangerous is insidious and subtle. It rewrites reality around you until you aren't sure if reality is what they say it is or what fact says it is.

1) That sounds suspiciously like the “Cultural Marxism/Bolshevism” conspiracy theory Neo-Nazis are so fond of.

2) If you want to talk about a group of people eroding our sense of shared reality, you shouldn’t be looking at SJW’s you should be looking at the #MAGA crowd, with their “fake news” and “alternative facts”.
Last edited by Despanan on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 pm

shadowmimiiru wrote:
Sage wrote:Funny. Those are the same talking points people use to tell me I'm still a guy.

Here's the thing, Sage. Physically (unless some really good drugs or technology is invented) you are. You have a y chromosome. Mentally you identify as a woman. Okay, I can accept that you see yourself as a woman and want to bring your form as close to the real thing as possible to match with your mental outlook.

This does not change the reality of the y chromosome you carry within you. Nor do I think you deny this reality. However if you were to come to me and demand that I believe you have 2 x chromosomes, menstrate, etc I would be worried.

I don't disparage you, I don't treat you like someone with a mental illness. I recognize that we both understand reality, and that we both understand that the reality and your mental identication don't match up, this does not change reality only the way you (and those willing to accept you and your mental identity) interact within that reality.

This is not correct. Like gender and even biological sex are not wholly determined by chromosomes.

Also, even if they were, you can’t boil womanhood down to chromosomes, there are XY women and XX men and a whole bunch of other configurations and gender identity is way more complicated that what chromosomes you have, what sex organs are present and whether or not you menstruate.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/science/en ... syndrome-0

I have a friend who’s an actual research biologist, currently employed at a major NYC lab institution. His father is a transwoman. We’ve had conversations about this. There are currently at least five biological sexes currently being squeezed into two genders. If Sage says she’s a woman, Sage is most likely biologically a woman. Which is to say Sage’s biology predisposes her to identify as “female” in a similar way that your biology does.

She’s not making it up and it’s not solely in her head. The problem is not simply a psychological issue but an outdated understanding of biology, colliding with outdated social norms with regard to gender expression.

So the problem is not that Sage has a mental illness, the problem is that the vast majority of people around Sage are ignorant and/or stupid and this can lead them to behave in callous and bigoted ways. It’s bad information on your part not mental illness on Sage’s.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Holy thread resurrection.

Glad to see that despite how long it may be before I wander back in, nothing apparently ever changes.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Samurai » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:32 am

Well, people who were involved have left, so that's a change. As Nick intimates, this forum is very much on borrowed time, now. I only check it a couple of times a week now because there frequently aren't any posts in a seven-day period, which is rarely a sign of robust good health. ;)
~Samurai

"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Agent » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:55 pm

i would like to reiterate that i am in favor of state-mandated executions for everyone to the right of me politically (and possibly physically???? who knows)
Agent
Get out of here

PreviousNext

Return to The Moat