[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Re: Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Postby Despanan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 am

Eh, I'm not even worried about the people that scream "Stalin killed people..."

I'm still waiting for someone to provide an example of Communism that legitimately worked, and doesn't result in a reply of: "Well, X tried Communism, but it wasn't REAL Communism."
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Despanan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby shadowmimiiru » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:51 pm

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby dexeron » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:57 am

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Samurai » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:52 am

Communism fails because it doesn't take account of basic human frailties. Unfortunately, true unfettered market capitalism suffers from the same problem. That's why, as Dex says, the mechanisms of state are required to rein in the latter where required (and to what extent they're required is of course a moot point) while they must be accountable to the populace in order to avoid the pitfalls of the former.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby dexeron » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

I have the same complaints about an-Capitalism and other varieties of libertarianism. They're unfeasible and utopian at best, actually dangerous at worst, and have never in history really worked, again, beyond the very small scale. When dealing with something the size of a modern nation, we need a state of some kind, at least so long as scarcity is still a thing. SInce we have not yet invented cornucopia technology, experiments like communism and libertarianism just aren't feasible on that scale.

As to the kind of state that is best, that's a separate debate entirely, and we have an entire world of examples that can be debated on that question.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:30 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift