[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Re: Days like this I wonder what Phant and Steltek are up to

Postby Samurai » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Free hugs for Rip. And there aren't many people beyond the Dalai Lama who'd disagree about the shovel thing.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

It’s mind blowing when you actually learn about how repressive our society is, and how little control any of us have over it.

I realized recently that my family is Super judgemental, and I used to be like that before I met my wife and hiked the trail and moved to New York and worked a few shitty jobs.

When you get tuned into this shit you wanna come down like an Avenging Angel and fix all this stuff *right the fuck now* ...but of course you can’t, because you aren’t an Avenging Angel. You’re a human being.

The frustration of this causes a lot of people to act in a number of different ways, some positive, some shitty.

But, for all the annoyance young, internet-based SJW’s prompt...*at the very least* they acknowledge that there’s a problem and are trying to do something about it.

The really shitty thing to do is to insist there isn’t a problem. Honest ignorance is no vice, but willfully sticking your head in the sand absolutely is.

Those fasc in Charlottesville are on the run now, but they’ll be back and next time they’re gonna lol more people. That’s literally what the Alt-Right is all about.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby shadowmimiiru » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 pm

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby Despanan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:11 pm

1) Those who insist there isn’t a problem and defend the status quo (either as conservatives or neoliberals) are many times worse than the worst most clueless and arrogant SJW.

2) Fascists are the literal worst people on earth and the alt-right are nothing but fascists and the clueless myopic idiots they duped into supporting fascism.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Like, SJW’s are at worst an annoyance. Head-in-the-sand folks like Sargon of Akkad and actual fascists like Augustus Sol Invictus and a Richard Spencer actuality kill people - the former by perpetuating institutional violence, and the latter by actually getting folks literally murdered with knives and guns and bombs and cars.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Sage » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:51 pm

Rich says Altright "Isn't fun anymore," and a lot of pushback has hit these groups. Plus there was that one that broke up because the #1 dude and the #2 dude were fucking each others wives and didn't know. Results are happening, real pushback happens.

It just doesn't go on TV much.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Despanan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:47 am

I’m familiar with all that actually. Been paying attention to Fasc ever since I started studying them to write my Durruti screenplay.

They definitely self-destructed and are down, but they aren’t out...though Trump has caused a major problem for them by being such an obvious dumbass that they’re losing power worldwide, Putin is still likely funding far-right nationalist movements all over the western world as a means of destabilizing NATO.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Desp: some things I read today on Twitter I feel are pertinent to what you're saying.

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby dexeron » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Also, speaking of SJWs, it's freaking weird that with this whole Naomi Wu situation (I'll link to my Twitter thread discussing it below if you don't know what I'm talking about) it's really odd to see the anti-SJW crowd coming out of the woodwork aligning towards a goal some SJWs also support, because that goal involves destroying VICE. (Though, honestly, the fact that so many progressives and other folks who favor social justice causes like VICE has bothered me for awhile, because behind VICE's seemingly "progressive" stance, there are a lot of really toxic bro-types who actually run that publication.)

It's weird as fuck when I make a comment on a forum about how badly VICE has acted in this case, and some other dude chimes in with: "I know, it's just like Sam Harris just said in his podcast talking about the regressive left!" and I'm like... Fuck out of here with your right-wing bullshit, k.

---

(If none of the above makes sense, here's a link to my thread discussing the Naomi Wu thing in more detail, and my take on it:)

https://twitter.com/dexeron/status/982250547402047488
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby shadowmimiiru » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:33 pm

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion