[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - The Women's March

The Women's March

The Women's March

Postby Rip » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I'll be participating in the one in Austin, despite not, in fact, being a woman. I don't think they know.

This is the first time I have ever done anything remotely close to something like this, mostly because I live in Texas. I've been feeling rather odd about it; like, I know it won't have too much effect, it certainly wouldn't be harmed by my lack of presence, and yet I feel like it's something I need to do. Probably mostly for myself, actually, just to feel like I did, I dunno, SOMEthing. Like I said, I live in Texas.

I don't anticipate anything bad happening, in that, I don't anticipate anything SPECIFIC, and am operating on the chance that something most likely will..? I dunno, the Black Lives Matter March in my home city resulted in five police officers getting gunned down sniper-style, and Open Carry is a hilarious reality here, because again, Texas. But I guess all someone really needs nowadays is a truck which, yet again, Texas.

ANYwho. I guess I'm saying that Sam gets all my stuff if I die, and Inferno does as well.

I guess there's a chance this could all go just fine too tho, and I'll just be surrounded by dancing women for a couple hours before getting drunk as tits on 6th Street. If I were a young'un I'd probably just "live streme" it or whatever the kids do these days.

Sorry, forget I said anything <3

Rip
flanelForever

Re: The Women's March

Postby Despanan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:37 pm

I'm proud of you. Let us know how it goes!
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Samurai » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:22 pm

thx
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Here's hoping it's not as violent as inauguration day. Yesterday in DC we had broken windows, a limo set on fire, and most satisfying of all white supremacist Richard Spence was punched in the head on camera and apparently after that he was punched again and then on his way back to his hotel someone spit on him.

On the unfortunate side, a fascist shot an antifa street medic at a protest at UW speaking event for Milo Yiannopoulos. Guy was rushed to the hospital with life threatening injuries. Fascist shooter was a 50-something Asian man. I think he's still at large.

Richard Spencer getting punched is still glorious to behold: http://www.businessinsider.com/richard- ... ion-2017-1
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Samurai » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:19 am

There were no police incidents at all during the London march, despite the extremely high turnout -- hundreds of thousands. Hopefully the US events had similar records. [EDIT: .] As for the rioters on the day of the inauguration, they were understandably scared and upset, but also a bit stupid, alas. (I'm applying Hanlon's razor to any suggestion they were agents provocateurs.)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Gotta say, the women's march was really successful - but also I'd like everyone to consider that it wasn't revolutionary. This was a bunch of liberals coming out to politely show their strength. Which is fine, the thing is though - it isn't a threat to the status-quo, it isn't a threat to the powerful, it's only a threat to Trump and the like and the media of course is going to love them. I would caution you in falling for the media lines that try to contrast the two protests. It's likely many of the same people marched in both.

I'm honestly super-proud of Black Bloc the previous day. I will agree with Sam, they probably were not agent provocateurs. They were anarchists doing one of the things anarchists do, and though I find the tactic to be somewhat problematic, I nonetheless support our troops and you should too. I don't think a day like the election of The Donald should pass without some property destruction.

And if anyone is wondering why I side-eye liberals who complain about Broken windows and torched limos, it's because this also happened on J20 and said liberals can't even muster up annoyance, let alone outrage for an elderly disabled woman being beaten and pepper-sprayed by police. Nor do any of them seem to care about the guy who was shot in the stomach and might wind up dying as a result. It's like they care about glass more than people:

https://www.facebook.com/enough14/video ... 707727136/
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:42 pm

In my case, my "issues" with destructive tactics such as those practiced by Black Bloc is not moral at all. I don't care about glass, and I agree that riots of that sort are, in fact, a sign that something is seriously wrong - they are a symptom showing that a problem exists that has not been addressed.

My only real question is one of efficacy. Do such violent protests actually advance the progressive cause, or do they, in fact, hinder it by playing into the hands of fascists looking for any excuse to tighten control? It's a legitimate question, though I think Desp and others did a good job of answering it when I posed it elsewhere.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Rip » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 am

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Samurai » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Nicely, Trump has now officially been rejected by more women than any other man in history. For a narcissist, that's got to hurt. >:)
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Next

Return to General Discussion