[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - I went back to school

I went back to school

I went back to school

Postby shadowmimiiru » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:52 am

I'm in college again! For IT ... well, programming but it is in the IT department ... be scared ...

... of and moved to Texas ... for reals this time ... what the fuck is up with all the accidents here? Seriously, you fuckers have the straightest roads ever.
shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Re: I went back to school

Postby dexeron » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:55 am

Sweet. Congrats on the life changes. It's always hard to take that first step, but you've already done it!

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Rip » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Being in my state makes you officially my subject. Leave the proper obeisances at the capitol building.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Inferno » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Now you're in my field, which makes Rip officially your subject. Do what you want with him.
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Rip » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Psh. You barely even mow this field. 2/10

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:50 pm

Good for you. If you can stand a school environment, education is one of those things that never goes away and therefore is one of the best and most worthy uses of your time.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby shadowmimiiru » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:33 pm

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby Rip » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Oh, I never said I had GOOD subjects. They voted for Ted Cruz, after all.

However, the "cold = 55 degrees" thing comes from living where it's, y'know, 104 most of the time. Bonus tho: if it ever gets a single inch of 'snow', meaning ice, the whole place will shut down and you can stay home playing with whatever pussies you want <3

Rip
flanelForever

Postby shadowmimiiru » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Hey, Inferno! Does Visual Logic get more complex ... this is rather simple shit yo!
shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby Inferno » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 am

http://www.visuallogic.org/ ?

Never heard of it. There have been lots of attempts at making programming easier by allowing people to put pieces together like a flowchart. Things get hard if you have to do certain kinds of task, such as managing concurrency or parsing specific file formats, but 99% of programming is comparatively easy and people can easily make careers in programming without ever hitting that 1% of hard stuff.

The next hardest part of programming is writing your code in such a way that makes sense to someone else (or to yourself 6 months from now). This means things like how you decompose a problem into branches and loops and subroutines, as well as how you name your variables and subroutines. And comments. Comments are a wonderful thing when done properly. Don't describe what the code is doing, describe why the code exists. People will be able to tell what the code is doing if it's named and organized well. Code alone can't tell you why something needs to be a certain way, though.

The hard part of software development isn't programming, though, it's modeling the processes that need to be executed and figuring out what needs to be done in the first place. Programming is just one step in software development.
Inferno
cockBOB

Next

Return to General Discussion