Every. Damn. Time.

Re: Every. Damn. Time.

Postby Despanan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:09 pm

My biggest problems with Clinton is her track record, not her official policies. I despise Hillary for a number of reasons but the ones I'd primarily point to are:

1) Her expression of admiration for and nod at mentorship by Henry Kissenger, as that man is responsible for upwards around 6 Million innocent deaths worldwide.

2) Her support for the Honduran Coup that that removed the democratically elected Manuel Zelaya, leading to a new era of repression and lawlessness and the murder of Berta Cáceres.

3) Her decision to bomb Qaddafi's forces in Libya, which lead to his overthrow and then the prompt death-spiral of warring factions that churns out terrorists and refugees by the craterful.

4) Her support for literally every single war she's ever had the opportunity to vote on.

5) Her close ties to Wall Street entities like the vampire-squid wrapped around the face of America that is Goldman Sachs, and the speeches to them which she still refuses to release.

6) Her constant pressure on Obama as secretary of State to escalate foreign belligerency.

7) Her support of the Prison Industrial Complex and her dismissal of Black Lives Matter protesters when they confronted her about her "Bringing Super Predators to heel" (Super-Predators being a racist caricature of inner city black men)

8) Her Dogwhistle language when after the Trayvon Martin and Kamini Grey and Michael Brown shootings she said it was okay to be afraid of "Hoodies".

9) Her shenanigans via the DNC to suppress Sanders voters and ensure her own nomination.

10) Her whole-hearted support for the Surveillance State.

11) Her support for fracking and the "NAFTA on Steroids" that is the TPP.

12) Her insulting co-option of feminism and the liberal bourgeoisie "feminism is more white female CEOs" brand of feminism that's currently being sold to us.

13) Her cowardly stance on same-sex marriage where she waited until it was literally the final hour and it would've been a political liability not to flip.

14) Her pledge to invite Nentanyahu to the White House, which even Obama has never done, largely because the man is a monster and rules over the apartheid State that is Israel. She honestly came out to the right of Donald Trump in her most recent speech on the matter. She chose her words carefully but the message was clear: "We're going to punish those evil Muslims, never you mind."

I could honestly go on, but these are some of the main ones. Overall, my whole life I've had my eye on her and the fact of the matter is I just don't trust her. I think she's interested in one person and one person only and that person is Hillary Rodham Clinton. She's pretty much the one political figure my distaste for has never wavered on, though as I've aged my reasons for disliking her got better. She just turns my stomach and you can say that's sexism or the result of a lifetime of GOP smears, but I don't think that's it. I think she's legitimately terrible and I shudder to think about her in the Oval Office.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:00 pm

I think she's less likely to use nuclear weapons than Trump.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Agent » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Maybe people shouldn't wait until the primary next time if they want to get someone new elected. Like, start promoting stuff for the next election starting now.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Not bad advice.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Folks looking for real change should look to the fundamentalist evangelicals and their wedge strategy. For decades they quietly got their people elected to the judicial bench, to local offices, upwards into county and state positions, up through senators, and all of a sudden they had the clout to move things in the direction they wanted when it came to school curriculum. It requires a concerted nationwide effort and many years, but it's the only way (apart from violent overthrow, which I despise and reject) to actually bring about change on a large scale.

I mean, we've seen it happen naturally as old-guard traditionalists die off and are replaced by newer blood, and then certain issues that were unthinkable a couple of decades ago (like universal health care and gay marriage) are suddenly politically viable.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:40 pm

You know, it is funny, but we have made alot of progress. I've been listening to podcast documentaries about the Blacklist era in Hollywood. Seriously, our country used to be SO MUCH worse.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:58 pm

The world is actually significantly less violent today than any period before in history.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:39 pm

I have no doubt about that - though it's still more violent than it should be.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Previous

Return to General Discussion