[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Every. Damn. Time.

Every. Damn. Time.

Re: Every. Damn. Time.

Postby Despanan » Mon May 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Primarily her foreign policy. Hillary is a known hawk and her consistent criticism of Obama is that he hasn't been militarily aggressive enough.

Plus every time she does use our military, she always screws it up: see Lybia & Syria coupled with her bizarre admiration for Henry Kissenger, one of the worst mass-murderers of the 20th century. The woman's going to get us into another war.

Also she's nakedly in the pocket of Wallstreet. I mean Obama is too, but not to the brazen extent that she is, and her and her husband are true believers in neoliberal deregulation which originally opened the door for the 2008 crash - so a HRC administration is not likely to do anything substantial to prevent a second crash, which makes another financial crisis like 2008 infinitely more likely.

Finally, I have hated Hillary Clinton my entire life - sometimes for bad reasons and sometimes for good, but seriously she has always rubbed me the wrong way. I don't believe for a second that she cares about anyone but herself and her career.

I don't want our own American version of Margaret Thatcher, the world already had one Margaret Thatcher and we're still recovering from her.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Tue May 24, 2016 11:53 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Tue May 24, 2016 3:20 pm

dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Tue May 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 am

dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Wed May 25, 2016 11:55 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Wed May 25, 2016 1:11 pm

dexeron
On the internet

Postby dexeron » Wed May 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Actually, let me add: in terms of change at the Federal level, there are some things I'd like to see, and a mass public campaign demanding it might make it happen (though I don't know if the Constitution would have to be amended or not.)

1. Get rid of "first-past-the-post." Allow for proportional representation. So in the Senate, if we've got a Clinton type and a Sanders type, and the Sanders type loses, but shows as strong as Sanders has, you still have seats. The Sanders crowd still gets a voice, gets to influence things, forces the Clinton crowd to compromise in their direction instead of just towards the middle.

2. For races with only one winner, like for President, allow for preferential voting where voters number candidates by preference, and a race without a clear winner has the votes for candidate with the least amount of votes reapportioned to everyone's number 2 choice.

Both of these encourage the involvement, but most importantly the influence, of third parties in the political system, and ensure that their causes are heard and addressed.
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Agent » Wed May 25, 2016 10:56 pm

How do you guys feel about single issue voters?
Agent
Get out of here

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion