[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Every. Damn. Time.

Every. Damn. Time.

Every. Damn. Time.

Postby Despanan » Tue May 17, 2016 11:51 am

Whenever I think: "Hey, maybe our society isn't that bad. Maybe you're just being overly dramatic and idealistic with the whole anarchy thing. Maybe you should cool it..." Something like Nevada happens and I'm all like "DAMMIT!"

Seriously guys, it's been a cliche of elections before that "no matter who wins we all lose" but in the world of Hillary v. Trump we are fucked. This is not "Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich" this is Vapid, Thuggish, Reality-show Quasi-Fascist vs. Crooked, Murderous, Warmongering, Neo-Liberal Shill.

I want to have kids in a few years, how can I do that in either one of their Americas? The two party system is actually worse than I thought it was at the height of Occupy.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: Every. Damn. Time.

Postby dexeron » Tue May 17, 2016 4:42 pm

I held off on replying to your post about it on FB yesterday (I actually replied, but then deleted it, because I didn't want to clog up your page with my ramblings.)

But suffice to say, I pretty much disagree with almost all of your assertions here. Nevada was nothing more than crookedness from the Sanders camp being finally exposed, and corrected, and Sanders supporters throwing their usual tantrum when being told that rules actually do apply to them. Frankly, I'm tired of the mentality that sees corruption and conspiracy in every loss, but the system working in every win. When any hint (no matter how absurd or easily disproven) of voting irregularity favoring one's opponent is seen as "our system is hopelessly corrupt, no matter who wins we lose!" but any irregularity resulting in a desired result is gleefully accepted, yeah, there's a problem with honesty, and crookedness, and that problem isn't from the Clinton camp.

Let's not even get into the violent behavior (towards children, no less!) engaged in recently by Sanders supporters.

Seriously, the longer this campaign goes on, the less and less I like Sanders. Maybe it's unfair to judge him on the atrocious and vile behavior of his supporters - but then he's not really been all that loudly vocal about decrying it. The Tea Party was destructive enough to our nation; I don't need to see that mentality and approach replicated on the left.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Agent » Tue May 17, 2016 6:18 pm

fight fight fight
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Inferno » Tue May 17, 2016 8:10 pm

To raise Despanan's flunkies from the dark depths of prejudice and yahooism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood we need to begin with a frank acknowledgment of the basic humanness of each of us. And we must acknowledge that many Web sites paint Despanan, accurately, as a scornful lie-virtuoso. Before I begin talking about specifics, let me just mention that some grungy-to-the-core deadheads actually contend that we'll be moved by some heartfelt words on the glories of neocolonialism. This is the kind of muddled thinking that Despanan is encouraging with his philosophies. Even worse, all those who raise their voice against this brainwashing campaign are denounced as ruthless insurrectionists. He is the embodiment of everything petty in our lives. Every grievance, every envy, every condescending ideology finds expression in Despanan.

Despanan's treacheries occasionally differ in terms of how immoral can they are but generally share one fundamental tendency: They envelop us in a nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror. If I were a complete sap, I'd believe Despanan's line that totalitarianism is the only alternative to negativism. Unfortunately for him, I realize that if one accepts the framework I've laid out here, it follows logically that if you looked up “beastly” in the dictionary, you'd probably see Despanan's picture.

Is it not positively the distinguishing feature of Despanan's mottos to subvert time-tested societal norms? Despanan promises that if we give him and his expositors additional powers, he'll guard us from pro-censorship, quixotic know-nothings. My question, however is, Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?—Who will guard the guards? I can see from the length of what I've written so far that I should save the rest of my comments about Despanan for a future letter. Let me close by stating simply that Despanan just wants to avoid detection and punishment.
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby dexeron » Wed May 18, 2016 3:39 pm

Has Inferno lost his mind? Given the evidence, it would seem so. At the very least, Inferno has lost his ability to conduct an intellectual argument. Whoa! Don't stampede for the exits! I promise I'll get to the main topic of this letter, Inferno's grotty, clumsy expostulations, in just a few sentences. I simply feel it's important first to provide some additional context by mentioning that if we fail in our task of bringing Inferno down a peg, then he will use psychological tools to trick us into doing whatever he requires of us.

Inferno's conniving blandishments have given birth to a completely new subspecies in the human race: Inferno comrades. This is a curious animal that tends to disregard established wisdom and listen exclusively to what Inferno has to say. When Inferno says that the future of the entire world rests in his hands, they all repeat that statement like parrots. They refuse to believe that Inferno plans to relegate persons to the status of things. I don't know if Inferno's vassals are complicit in that scheme or are merely clueless. I do know, however, that it would be wrong to imply that Inferno is involved in some kind of conspiracy to instigate acrimony and discord. It would be wrong because his bunco games are far beyond the conspiracy stage. Not only that, but if anything, if he can't cite the basis for his claim that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us then he should just shut up about it.

Didn't Inferno tell his helpmeets that he wants to propound ideas that are widely perceived as representing outright anti-intellectualism? Did he first give any thought to what would happen if he did? Of course, that question is ridiculous—as ridiculous as his daft, heinous jeremiads. His hubristic subliminal psywar campaigns simply don't stand up to the litmus test of logic. That's pretty transparent. What's not so transparent is the answer to the following question: Who among us is brave enough to say out loud that Inferno must be suffering from some severe mental strabismus to think that governments should have the right to lie to their own subjects or to other governments? A clue might be that the really interesting thing about all this is not that he rejects the idea of objective standards. The interesting thing is that he coins polysyllabic neologisms to make his warnings sound like they're actually important. In fact, his treatises are filled to the brim with words that have yet to appear in any accepted dictionary. Lastly, I can't end this letter without mentioning that Inferno has no table manners.
dexeron
On the internet

Postby dexeron » Wed May 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Also, Happy Birthday.
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Wed May 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Wed May 18, 2016 9:03 pm

dexeron
On the internet

Postby Agent » Thu May 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Here comes Dex trying to delegitimize criticism and pretend that anything someone says against him is just an attack.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby dexeron » Fri May 20, 2016 8:22 am

I occasionally receive inquiries from people who have read my previous letters and want to know why I proclaim that the most sullen lounge lizards I've ever seen must be treated with political justice, not with civil justice, as they are surely not real citizens. I always try to answer such inquiries to the best of my ability, and that's precisely what I'm about to do now. Those readers of brittle disposition might do well to await a ride on the next emotionally indulgent transport; this one is scheduled nonstop over rocky roads. As soon as you're strapped in I'll announce something to the effect of how you might say, “Amid the babel of false tongues all around us, even basically good people sometimes find it hard to know what is right and what is wrong.” Fine, I agree. But it's astounding that Agent has somehow found a way to work the words “roentgenographic” and “unextinguishableness” into his apologues. However, you may find it even more astounding that those of us who are too lazy or disinterested to carry out this matter to the full extent of the law have no right to complain when he and his apparatchiks provide cover for a fastuous agenda. Let me conclude by saying that we who want to ensure that the values for which we have labored and for which many of us have fought and sacrificed will continue in ascendancy will not rest until we do.
dexeron
On the internet

Next

Return to General Discussion