[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Games and Steams and all that stuff

Games and Steams and all that stuff

Games and Steams and all that stuff

Postby dexeron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:22 pm

SO what games is everyone playing right now? What are really good games that you think are really worth everyone's time/money? If multiplayer, are you willing to share usernames/steam handles/etc?

---

I'm currently obsessing over Kerbal Space Program, cause I'm sort of in a holding pattern right now waiting for a bunch of games to come out, mostly console: Uncharted 4, Mirror's Edge 2, Dishonored 2, Tomb Raider, etc. I'm also looking forward to No Man's Sky, though (I'll probably get that one for PC,) and Astroneer.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Re: Games and Steams and all that stuff

Postby Agent » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:41 pm

I still play Team Fortress 2 every day. Tabletop Simulator and Depth are some good multiplayer ones. Hexcells Infinite is the best puzzle game on Steam. Dark Souls, I guess? Those Paradox grand strategy games are amazing, Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Don't forget that that no one ever uses. I am CLOUD⚡MOUTH.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Samurai » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:24 pm

I'm currently on Fallout 3, because I get a lot more value from my gaming PC if I buy a low end model and play games from five-plus years ago. Just made it into the Galaxy News Radio building -- must admit, the super mutant behemoth's arrival was a nice touch.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Sage » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Started playing Elite: Dangerous after that steam glitch gave it to me for free. It's sorta like EVE mixed with a flight simulator and is actually kind of fun, if you're the kind of person who likes repetitive tasking, spaceships, and feeling upset because you crashed your spaceship again.

On steam I recently played Oxenfree, which was worth a few hours of my time as a mystery game. Not much too it and a bit pricy at ~20 bucks for maybe 5 hours of playtime.

And I'm anime trash so I bought the new Fire Emblem, which pretty much did in my games budget until next month.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Esunasoul » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:17 pm

I played The Witness.
Esunasoul

Postby shadowmimiiru » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 pm

I Will Free New York.
shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby Sage » Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Bought more games this month.
Bravely Second is pretty good although it doesn't bring much to the table if you didn't play the first one. Fixes a lot of the reasons the previous game was so frustrating and isn't nearly as repetitive.

Stardew Valley is literally Harvest Moon. It was okay. Just like in Harvest Moon I got about a year and a half in before I put it down and never picked it back up.

Every once in a while my friends and I will get together and buy each other shit games to play, on the condition that we have to play them for at least an hour. I logged an hour into the creatively titled NEO AQUARIUM - The King Of Crustaceans - which was absolutely bizarre. It's a 1v1 arena shooter where you play as various crustaceans. There is technically a story, I think, although I didn't understand any of it. I think it was five dollars? It was fantastic.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Samurai » Wed May 11, 2016 3:14 pm

I've now finished Fallout 3, which was quite fun but felt a bit same-y in places. Most importantly for me in a modern(ish) CRPG, it also didn't create characters interesting enough for me to be particularly bothered about, to the extent I didn't even complete all the sidequests before finishing the game. Definitely prefer Bioware's take on the genre to Bethesda's, but I'll see if Skyrim draws me in a little more, or if Obsidian did a better job with NPCs in New Vegas.

In the meantime, a change of pace -- Supreme Commander! I've been immediately reminded of how bad I am at RTS games, given that the zerg rush is basically my only tactic.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Sage » Wed May 18, 2016 8:11 pm

New Vegas vs Fallout 3 is kind of a tricky question. Some of New Vegas's NPCs are more memorable but the main storyline is, for the most part, worse. Or maybe worse isn't the right word; they break out of formula in a way that doesn't really work. That being said, New Vegas probably has the best DLC I've played in any game, period. Especially with how cheap it is to get the Ultimate All Things Included edition now it's definitely worth it. The DLC does a better job of reinforcing and really driving home what the game's overall message was supposed to be- the impact that a single person can make on the lives all around them.

Plus if you're on PC you can mod it so you play as Naked Snake, which added another foible of poignancy as I imagined my player character as an agent of the Enclave derailed from their mission to secure the New Vegas area for the remnants of the United States when he was betrayed and shot in the head- an agent that was a clone of the greatest soldier to ever live, Big Boss. But I'm a massive nerd sO
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Samurai » Tue May 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Never played any Metal Gear, so I wouldn't quite have the same affection for the character. :) Insight on F:NV appreciated, though.

In other games-with-city-names-in-them-related news, I am quite impressed with the trailer for . Looks good, decent voice acting, quality characterisation -- if the gameplay matches that, it could be a winner.
Samurai
Deserves better

Next

Return to General Discussion