[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Someone help me with philosophy

Someone help me with philosophy

Re: Someone help me with philosophy

Postby Despanan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:19 pm

That's nice, but what does that have to do with what I said? I don't think that link matches what you said before.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:24 pm

The link covers more than modern Nichiren Buddhism. What you said is that the definition of faith that I'm supplying isn't faith. It is, it's just not what those from a western cultural background are used to thinking of as faith.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:35 pm

No, I don't think you're right, and I don't think I am saying that from a biased point of view. You can't just call me biased because I think you're wrong. I have said nothing that would indicate I am coming at this from a Christian perspective.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Rip » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:05 pm

But Agent, you HAVE to be, for even on a twenty-year-old internet forum that originated solely with anime geeks, only DESPANAN has the mental fortitude and worldly intelligence necessary to comprehend NON-WESTERN thought...!

GAZE in AWE as he dismisses entire ideologies with a wave of his left hand while complaining about being painted with a Buddhist brush!!

CHILL with AMAZEMENT as he claims utter dominion over entire global hemispheres of canonical thought!!

BE ASTOUNDED as Despanan proves he is the ONLY ONE TO HAVE EVER TAKEN A MASTER'S CLASS IN PHILOSOPHY!!!

IGNORE COMPLETELY the vast experience of literally everyone else!!

PAY FOR THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EEEEEDDDDGGGGEEEEE

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:38 pm

I was skimming through . It's like two thousand pages long so I obviously haven't read a lot of it. And I don't know what I like that's why I started the thread.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Volume 1 of the Gosho. Yeah that's fucking Ginormous. Glad you're taking a look at it though.

As far as sources on my views on Faith, here's one that isn't so dense: http://www.sgi.org/about-us/buddhism-in ... eason.html

I should add, the main thing I like about Nichiren is his emphasis on the Lotus Sutra and it's message of universal equality and enlightenment, his practical method and occasionally some of the crazy inspirational shit he said. Well that and his constant assaults on the government and the Buddhist establishment of his day.

But it's not like I don't recognize he was a human like anyone else or think that everything he said was correct. We'd probably disagree on alot including "what's this magic box you use to yell at people on?"

Like how modern Marxism has moved beyond Marx, modern Nichiren Buddhism has moved beyond Nichiren in many ways.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion