[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Nick

Nick

Nick

Postby Despanan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:02 am

Real mature. Way to not be a douche for no reason.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: Nick

Postby Agent » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:51 am

Stop it, Desp.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:05 am

I don't even know why I bother to come here anymore.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:45 am

Come on, man, don't be like that. Nick honestly believes that you (and Phant) are the reason that hardly anyone posts here now. Don't say he did it for "no reason". A bad reason, sure, but not no reason. You can't change his mind by just getting huffy and leaving.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Nick » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:38 am

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Agent » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:04 am

I ain't your chum, pal.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:03 am

I have participated in and moderated web communities for years. There was nothing toxic about my thread. It wouldn't have even gone beyond three pages if Agent and Rip hadn't decided to antagonize me for posting it.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything - I was simply clarifying what I believe and clearing up some misconceptions.

I don't know why Agent lost his shit, but it was his and Rip's behavior that caused the thread to take on a combative tone and spirit. I would expect that out of Rip, because that's kind of his thing and part of his charm. I don't know what the fuck is up with Agent.

As for people leaving CB, that has nothing to do with Phant and I, not directly anyhow with the possible exception of Admiral Ahab. I may have been the one to drive him off, but fuck Ahab, Ahab's a bully, or at least he acted like one on here towards the end.

No one wants to hang out here for two main reasons:

1) this forum is outdated. No one posts in groups like this anymore. Facebook groups and the like are more diverse, more effective, and you can't upload photos with your posts here.

2) You guys act like dicks. Not saying I don't from time to time, but the sheer consistency of the shittiness towards people on here is one of the core aspects of CB these days and you even admitted that in your above post.

And you know what? I think to a certain extent this attitude has always been here, but it's gotten worse in recent years. Agent used to be quirky and fun, now he's just obtuse and douchy with every post he makes being a private joke for no one but him. Which is funny, when you've got a thriving community to appreciate it, and you also do something else from time to time, but now it's just weird and looks almost compulsive - especially when it's nonsense thread after nonsense thread followed by passive aggressive attacks on actual threads with substance.

People were shitty in my thread, but at least we were discussing something fresh, important and nuanced. I mean you can always say it's not important, but the fact is no one reacts like Agent did to something unimportant. You may not like it, but that's the truth.

CB has been dying ever since LOR stopped updating. You locking the only thread in months with more than a handful of posts and pages that got into the low double digits isn't gonna stop that.

Plus the way you did it was immature, unprofessional and rude. If you're going to moderate, you don't act like a dick while doing it, and you don't take sides with the final post and then lock a thread. That's conduct unbecoming a moderator and you damn well know it and halfway admitted it in your above post.

I was not flaming anyone. There is nothing in the rules against what I did or what we were talking about, and if Agent felt threatened he could leave at any time. He wasn't even really participating.

As for Rip and Dex, Dex and I actually had some productive conversations and Rip is a big boy. He can handle talking to me about this.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:30 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Really regretting my 16 character pasword today

Postby Nick » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:09 pm

You've got a real bad habit of attacking people whenever you feel threatened. That and bacming yourself up with some unrelated achievements of yours to make yourself feel better. Agent is a horrible gremlin and I banned him for that once, but he isnt really relevant to his conversation. Neither is my post history on this or previous incarnations of the forums. Also ive been the president of Indonesia for six years now but that usnt related either.

I dont need to be professional here because weve all been here for ten years, there isnt anything so formal left between people that have been togethee on casual enviroment so long. I save thay sort of thing for work. This isnt work, this a group dunglebungs ive known too long. I know why people have left this place and I know its not you. It wasnt this thread either or anything that recent. There was however a time when the forum was literally 3-4 arguing about the same tired topics or not even arguing but just insulting eachother over multiple threads and even pulling some off topic. Part of that period I can pretty firmly blame on you. It was during that period I know of one explicitly and one implicitly that left because they got sick of coming to a forum that had piles of garbage lying about. Now my action on this thread was years late and probably does nothing for the current forum but I felt like taking it to make a point. Youll notice that locking a thread doesnt stop you from making a new garbage thread (such as this one). To really do that id have to ban you, which I wont.
You're also under the impression I care about the things you guys say in those threads enough to take 'side'.
Also, I only linked the rules because I felt someone would bring it up not because my actions are incluenced by them.
I mean really, after ten years and a userbase of 2 people I dont even see the need for codified and formal rules. The fact wed even need them seems absurd but whatever.
Anywho I aint telling ya to scram or.clean up your shit, I mean id be super amused if you did either, im just saying I'm gonna clean up garbage.
Nick
Site Admin

Re: Really regretting my 16 character pasword today

Postby Despanan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Last edited by Despanan on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Next

Return to General Discussion