[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Civil Servant Smith

Civil Servant Smith

Civil Servant Smith

Postby dexeron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:05 pm

So, remember when GoodDan used to webcomic?

Well, even though LoR petered out (for reasons that I think we all, being older, can sort of appreciate a lot better now,) over the last decade he's still been doing all kinds of creative stuff (some of which hasn't been published, but is freaking badass and I am really looking forward to getting a wider release if he ever chooses to...) But I digress. Point is, dude's got lots of creative juices still flowing, so when he's all "I made something new, check it out." I was like "Awesome dude, let me spread the word."

The "something" turns out to be a webcomicy thing, and I think it will be something you all might enjoy!

http://civilservantsmith.com/
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Re: Civil Servant Smith

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:01 pm

HAhahaha oh wow. This is awful. The posts under every comic are somehow even worse than the comic.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Agent » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Wasn't Dan's name different before?
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Inferno » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Dan Jaaren
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Despanan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:05 pm

You know, there was a period where LoR was beginning to approach PvP and Penny Arcade. I wonder what would've happened if Dan had stuck with it.

Though I suppose he may have just gone the way of Brian Cleavinger or Tim Buckley.

Man, remember those Top Webcomic days? We were really kinda living the explosion of the art movement, before Youtube killed it and the institutions were set.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:40 pm

ClanBOB might be small now (one kind of defunct forum, and one Facebook group that's basically one guy posting stuff) but I remember when it was freaking huge. If the comic hadn't ended, I could see there still being a pretty massive community.

Anyway, Dan always impresses me. Yeah, I know some folks here don't like everything he's done (like the current comic, whatever, that's cool.) But like: dude wrote an urban fantasy novel (which I'm not sure about the publishing status of, so I won't get into more detail) which was freaking brilliant. Like, IMO, had potential to be the first in a long-running very well-selling series among fans of that genre.

He's also working on at least two comics that I know of right now.

Dudes got tons of creative energy, but also a lot of real life and family stuff to keep him busy too. Plus, there's his music, and a bunch of other cool hobbies that we sometimes do when we hang out. I'm not sure how he finds time for all of it, but sometimes he makes it look easy. I have a hard time getting my ass off of the couch after a long day at work. I can't think of the last time I actually wrote anything in the novel I've been "working on" for, jeez, how many years now?

I kind of envy the ability to just think of something creative and then just BAM! make it happen. it might not go over with everyone. It might fall flat. Or everyone might like it. But it's out there, and that's more than most folks can say.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Agent » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:08 am

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Esunasoul » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:57 pm

I wanted to like it and I didn't and that made me sad. Also I don't like mollybeans.
Esunasoul

Postby Despanan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:40 am

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:57 am

Doesn't Brian Clevinger do Atomic Robo? That seems like a step up from 8 Bit Theater. It's not like Tim Buckley ever got an Eisner nomination.
Agent
Get out of here

Next

Return to General Discussion