[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - I don't remember the names of my college roommates

I don't remember the names of my college roommates

I don't remember the names of my college roommates

Postby Agent » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:09 am

One of them I do. We're facebook friends. One of them started with a C, I think, or an M. The other two I have no clue.
Agent
Get out of here

Re: I don't remember the names of my college roommates

Postby Samurai » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:43 am

College can pass by in a haze of sleep deprivation, stimulants, depressants, alternating loneliness and claustrophobia and panic -- it's a wonder we remember anything at all. Does the one with whom you're in touch on FB have any names on their friends list you recognise as possibilities?
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Agent » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Oh no, he wouldn't have known them at all. Just kind of lamenting my lack of interest in people I should have known better.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Samurai » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:27 am

I had a discussion with my mother-in-law yesterday about the nature of decision-making and how we never set out to make a wrong choice. The hypothesis was that, as we lack the power of hindsight, every decision we make is the best choice given the information we have available at the time and our current state of mind.

At the time, staying in touch probably didn't seem like the right thing to do as far as you were concerned -- or at least a lower priority than other things you had going on. We can look back on decisions we've made with regret -- I do it all the time, hence the discussion -- but if the above is correct, it's not worth beating yourself up about. If actions to change the situation are still available, that's an option, but not a necessity. They, or you, or both, may have changed, or you might still get on as well as you always did.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Agent » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Another thing I regret is never going to the university library to see a in person.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:00 pm

I feel like this topic title is a great title for a chapter in midway into a low supernatural book where the protagonist realizes something has been wrong this entire time and it finally clicked that it was actually because...
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Emoore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:00 am

My freshmen roommate I am still pretty good friends with. We and a couple other college friends all road tripped to Florida to see one of the last shuttle launches.
webpage:twitter:
Emoore

Postby dexeron » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:07 pm

I only lived in dorms for two years, and I can't remember the name of the dude I lived with Sophomore year(we never really got along very well anyway) but I remember the dude from my Freshman year. In fact, we eventually met back up through Facebook and comment at each other from time to time. He's a pretty cool guy.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Samurai » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:22 pm

I still keep in semi-regular touch with three of the seven people I shared living space with over my time at college, and am FB friends with three more. The remaining one doesn't use social media regularly, and she made a surprise appearance at my 40th birthday bash back in the summer, which was very nice.

I still like Nick's idea best, though.
Samurai
Deserves better

Return to General Discussion