[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - CAUCUS

CAUCUS

Re: CAUCUS

Postby dexeron » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:08 pm

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Like Rip says we wanted Ralph Nader for President in 2000, but I didn't want Nader, I wanted McCain, I settled for Bush and I even voted for Bush in 2004.

Because young me was an idiot, but point is - I've changed, the country has changed and the world has changed.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 pm

I understand voting one's conscience, but at some point: "If I don't get everything I want, I'm not playing" is counter-productive, and can actually lead to worse outcomes. Politics is about representing everyone's interests, even those with whom we disagree, and because of that it's ultimately about compromise and what is practical (even if we try to push things towards a more "ideal" goal.)

I do get that, hey, you shouldn't vote for someone who's just bad on major issues that are important to you, so that's cool. Like I've said before, you live in a blue state, so have fun protest sitting-out or 3rd partying, or whatever. But I know too many folks who are starting to demand ideological purity tests or in other ways act like the damn tea-party ("you aren't perfect on every single issue I like?! YOU'RE JUST A RINO!") Being like the tea-party is bad. No one wants to be the tea-party. And especially in swing-state, I have to ask these people: "You're really gonna sit out if Clinton is the nominee? You'd really RATHER have Trump (or jesus, Cruz?)"

I mean, given the choice between: "Hey, here's someone who's going to do major damage in tons of areas" and "here's someone who will do some good in some areas, and yeah, damage in some others, but less than might happen otherwise" they want to say: "Eh, fuck it, burn the whole place down!"

What kind of petulant tantrum mindset is that?
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Samurai » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:34 am

It's probably not a total coincidence, given the subject matter, that one of our more thoughtful left-of-centre newspaper columnists has just written .
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:49 pm

None of this matters unless you live in a swing state sorry suckers.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Agent » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 am

Ha ha superdelegates
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Agent » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:41 am

Image Oh no I'm voting oh no
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Whelp, Sanders positively crushed Hilldog in NH. Between this and the virtual tie in Iowa, do you think he'll be able to hold onto this momentum? This could be a major game-changer, as I don't think anyone expected him to do this well.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion