[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - I broke my headphones and now I'm really sad

I broke my headphones and now I'm really sad

I broke my headphones and now I'm really sad

Postby Agent » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:11 am

And it's a stupid thing to feel sad about so now I feel even more sad because of the sad-guilt.
Agent
Get out of here

Re: I broke my headphones and now I'm really sad

Postby Samurai » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:03 pm

It's a very human thing to form prima facie nonsensical emotional bonds with some of our possessions. I would imagine it's got something to do with feeling we owe some of our happiness to them, but IANAP, so that could be complete codswallop, of course.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

I'm hijacking your thread bro

Postby Sage » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Deployment Death Toll:
Six (6) Cell Phone Chargers/AC adapters (one broke when all the prongs fell off, five stolen)
Four (4) Micro-USB charging cords (all broken. People stole the adaptors but not the cords)
Three (3) sets of earbuds (broken in one earbud, the lot of them)
One (1) set of headphones (literally disintegrated and I don't know how)
One (1) Droid Turbo(tm) Cell Phone (power button stopped working, so I started turning it on with a paperclip. Then that stopped working and I took it apart with a knife and turned it on with some copper wire, and when that stopped working I had already tapped my electronics experience to the max)
One (1) Asus Laptop and one (1) Asus Laptop charging cable (BOY I KNOW! I'LL BRING MY FUN AND EXPENSIVE ELECTRONICS TO THE UNDERWATER DEN OF THIEVES! WHAT A FUCKING EXCELLENT PLAN!)
One (1) Bursa Sack for my left knee (knee dropped an iron deckplate when we took a roll. My leg was the size of a grapefruit and it hurt like hell and still does. Doc's advice was to put ice on it and when asked if this was permanent since the swelling still exists 5 months later he responded with a shrug)
Six (6) months of time
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Agent » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:35 pm

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Sage » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:29 pm

We were rationing tape at that point, but I've done that before, too. Really it's when the wiring starts to go that you're REALLY fucked with stuff like that. I had a really nice pair of noise-cancelling ones for years with a home-made band connecting the two, until the right one stopped being connected to the left one.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Return to General Discussion