[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - sup nerds

sup nerds

sup nerds

Postby Sage » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Bahrain is this little island in the middle east and everything here is brand new and super-ritzy except when it's outside and covered in sand and or riots except it's all fucking closed because the sub decided to stop here in the middle of fucking ramadan. Which blows, since we have cinderella liberty so we've got maybe 4 hours to actually do stuff before we have to find a ride to the goddamn boat (or the hotel, if you're super lucky/rich).

submarines suck, this job fucking blows. I'm underwater all the time and stuff breaks literally all the goddamn time because the stupid boat is ancient. it's too small to get any privacy and the whole berthing area stinks and I share my rack with two other dudes which is the worst. my stuff keeps getting stolen- sorry, "borrowed"- and then it winds up broken. I've gone through 5 chargers this deployment alone. I literally carved my name into the things with a knife and they still grew legs. Don't do submarines, and heavily discourage your friends and family as well.

Also hey, what's up with you guys?
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Re: sup nerds

Postby Samurai » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 pm

It sounds like serving on a military sub is exactly what I thought it might be. Sorry for your sake I wasn't wrong. :/ Any chance of transferring to something that stays on the surface?

(I'm fine, thanks for asking.)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Inferno » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:53 pm

DIVE DIVE DIVE
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Samurai » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:10 pm

(It's not even like Gene Hackman is the captain.)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Zengus » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:53 am

NERDS

'Sup Sage. Are you the arm wrestling champion of the Navy yet?
Zengus
Muscle cook

99 problems and 96 of them are submarines

Postby Sage » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:51 pm

@sam Actually I'm pretty sure I get seasick pretty bad, but with how much a dick shaped tube rolls on the surface it might just be submarines again.
But no. It's land or subs for like the next 15 years of navy minimum. Ironclad career paths.
Glad to hear you're doing good though.

@zengus USS Providence Parkour champ. I practice underway, obvs.

Anyways we're leaving again soon so I'll pick this up again in a month or two.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Zengus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Parkour on a submarine... that must be interesting.

Have a good trip, be safe
Zengus
Muscle cook

gravity ain't

Postby synkr0nized » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:06 am

synkr0nized
Super sexy secret dreamboat

Postby Samurai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:58 am

Do you mean round the circumference of the hull, Big Trouble in Little China style? I hope that's what you mean.

And yes, safe voyage, Sage. See you when you resurface.
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Fuckin bubbleheads....
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Return to General Discussion