[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - So, I'm a Buddhist now.

So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Re: So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Postby Agent » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:14 am

all jokes are an afront to god but no really do you not thitnk what you said before the video was offensive
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Of course it was offensive, that's why I fucking said it.

I was playing along with the concept of "competitive spirituality" as presented in the video. I can't believe you took it seriously as it was so over-the-top and ridiculous.

I thought you guys would pick up on that. Dude says right in the video that "being ultra spiritual" makes you a better person than others and that's why you want to do it.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:54 pm

so you are lying about beign a buddhist
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:31 pm

No, just poking fun at myself for being all "Ultra-Spiritual".
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:47 pm

that wasnt the part i was tlking about before dont make assumptions
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:57 pm

What was the part you were talking about? What exactly do you find offensive?
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Just the idea that religion would be universally beneficial. I don't agree with that. I think you're extrapolating too much from personal experience. I don't think you should push it on other people like that.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Rip » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:35 pm

<3

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:27 pm

"Just the idea that religion would be universally beneficial. I don't agree with that. I think you're extrapolating too much from personal experience. I don't think you should push it on other people like that."

I'm not saying religion would be universally beneficial, I'm saying FAITH has the potential to be universally beneficial. There are definite benefits to joining a religious organization as well, but that depends on your goals and the organization in question.

I'm not pushing anything on you Agent, anymore than I would be pushing exercise on you if I talked about the material benefits of exercise.

You asked a question, I answered - don't play this like I'm witnessing to you or doing anything other than talking about my experience. If you're scared or offended by what I think - don't ask, and don't play this passive-aggressive bullshit. You are a grown-ass man.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:46 pm

I don't think faith is really the word you should be using then, because you are not using it in a way that makes any sense. Faith is not a verb.

Anyway, I asked because you said you got a benefit from it because were unlike the vast majority of people, but then turned around and said it would benefit everyone. That does not follow. It's like saying that wellbutrin treated your depression so 100% of the population would benefit from taking it.
Agent
Get out of here

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion