[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - So, I'm a Buddhist now.

So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Re: So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Postby Agent » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Is there a reason you don't believe my arguments? Do you think I'm lying?
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:07 pm

It's not that I don't believe your arguments - I haven't seen you make any arguments. You've taken shots at what I've said, and you've linked other people you imagine I disagree with but you haven't actually put forward anything representative of your own views, other than the repeated assertion that your views are different than mine.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:12 pm

OK here is an argument: Emotions cannot be positive or negative, they are just emotions, so there is no such thing as a negative emotional state.

As far as me not putting forward my views, I have been very careful not to commit to anything I don't actually fully believe in because of how prone you are to jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about beliefs I never professed.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:01 pm

A negative emotional state is just a value judgment about the desirability of an emotional state at a given time. No one is arguing that emotions are objectively good or bad.

As for you being careful not to say anything - that actually makes me more likely to suppose things about you, since I'm doing my best to understand what seems to me to be obtuse and evasive behavior.

Better to just explain to me your position in the clearest possible manner and I'll do my best to avoid making suppositions.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:08 pm

If I knew how to do that I'm pretty sure I would have done it already.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Agent » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:56 pm

You're probably one of those people who thinks Neil deGrasse Tyson shouldn't do that thing he does that jerkasses get upset about.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:38 pm

No, I like Cosmos. He's a bit heavy-handed at times but I like what he has to say.

In Nichiren Buddhism there really isn't a difference between the natural world and the spiritual world, they are one and the same.

That ship of the Imagination is dumb though.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion