[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Back to work

Back to work

Re: Back to work

Postby Samurai » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:52 am

Privy Councils are cool; ours allows Britainland to keep stealthy control over most of our former colonies despite this notional "independence" twaddle by remaining their highest judicial committee, so we can still tell them what we want them to do. Honestly, the US is seriously missing out by having presidents make political appointments to your supreme court. You'd be much better off with a balanced bench from ERII.

Glad to hear the surgery was successful, and your other half had the wherewithal to pay for it, Desp.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Zengus » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:54 pm

Sounds like you are coming out of a rough patch. Glad to hear that things are looking up a bit, man.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Phantomgrift » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Heh, you haven't starved to death in a back alley Desp?
I'm mildly surprised.

Glad to hear your woman pulled through.

And we'll always be a part of each other Desp, you and I.... Your name can never change.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby cain » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:46 pm

I'm supposed to hear the orc voice every time I read the topic, right?
cain
Drunk

Postby Samurai » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:01 pm

cain++
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:41 am

What Esuna said - they couldn't ask her about the removal because she was unconscious, being operated on. Her mom had come up to the hospital the first and second operations in 2013 & 14, but wasn't able to make it for the final one and thus, when her surgeon came out I was the only one there and he asked me.

Essentially they had planned to leave 1/3rd to 1/4th in, but during the surgery her doctor became worried that this was too conservative and would leave her with a poor chance of healing.

So they asked me and I said do it, knowing if this surgery didn't work they'd probably have to take the whole thing out and then some the next time they went in.

Afterwards they told me it was definitely the right call - the removed tissue was even more damaged than her surgeon had thought it was.

And yes Phant - I'm not dead. Was a tough two years but I got through it via rabble rousing,
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Rip » Tue May 12, 2015 2:23 pm

See, I don't think that was too hard to explain.

Rip
flanelForever

Previous

Return to General Discussion