[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - It begins

It begins

It begins

Postby feadog » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 am

Lord save me from bodhran players who also play banjo
feadog

Re: It begins

Postby dexeron » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:32 pm

I didn't know you were hanging out with GoodDan recently!
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Rip » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:29 pm

It's amateur night, kids. Best bet is to have your wife make some good ol' Guinness stew and drink whiskey on your patio amid the sounds of blood-drenched chaos.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby feadog » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Nay, don't stay home! Support local music and buy cheap green junk.
feadog

Postby feadog » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:29 pm

I'm exhausted.
feadog

Postby Ventilator » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:20 pm

I've been told that today is the day that everyone eats a very specific meal at dinner time. Coming from an Irish family, this made little sense. See, my mom is from Ireland. We do things differently. Yeah, sure, I am wearing green, but that stuff about corn beef and cabbage doesn't ring home for me.

Also, I can't remember ever bothering with green beer. A dirty martini on the other hand...
Ventilator
Pretty cool

Postby feadog » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am

That sounds about right. Everyone I know who's actually got Ireland on their passport looks at the parties like we're all daft. Or else they're musicians or own a business and have decided to cash in on the crazy by selling "authentic" [random thing]. There was a place selling authentic Irish tattoos, $30. A pub owner near me organizes authentic Irish cruises, which are regular cruises that he and musician/storyteller friends of his (who also have Irish accents) will attend with you.
feadog

Postby Rip » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:40 am

When I was in Dublin last, all we ate was stew and soda bread slathered in Kerrygold and drank regular-colored Guinness and Smitty's, so that's what we did last night, and to make it even more authentic, I slapped me wife around for a bit whilst simultaneously telling her delightful stories about wee people and the country folk what bugger 'em in the dark of night.

There is no point to this post, I'm afraid.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:14 pm

I took an early plane flight back to California from Kansas City, finishing out a two week trip (I was checking to make sure I didn't miss an RP turn, promise). One thing I was not sad to miss out on was the drunken revelry. Never been much of a drinker, and living in NYC for so long kind of made me hate the traditional American St. Paddy's, a lot.

I did eat shepherd's pie and some cabbage with cheese, and drank a fancy schmancy hard apple cider with dinner, though. Was good.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby feadog » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:43 pm

I play Irish music professionally, so I'm biased. :) March, esp. the 17th, esp. if it falls on a weekend (or better yet, a Monday) is a magical time when I can book as many gigs as I can stand and network with other musicians I might not meet again for a year. I don't think I'd be so willing to hang out all day bar/street party hopping if I wasn't getting paid for it, though.....
feadog

Next

Return to General Discussion