[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Re: Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Postby Samurai » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:24 pm

((Looks like Madame Hydra gets her getaway. Something to worry about later -- in the meantime, d10 Buddy, d10 Combat Master, d8 Enhanced Reflexes and d8 Living Weapon of K'un L'un gives us: 4, 9, 3, 3. Using what I make Danny's final PP for the time being to add an extra die to the roll, that gives him 16. No plot points left for a riposte, alas, but definitely a neat dodge.))
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Rip » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Vermin's clawed tackle flies wide of Danny, careening over the corpse in the center of the room and landing in a heap near Clint, whose notched arrow is shaking far more than normal and straying dangerously close to the exact direction of Iron Fist's head...

((Reactions done, Hawkeye is up! Remember to subtract one die of d8 level or higher from your roll, unless your roll is an Attack that includes Iron Fist in some way.))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:24 am

Hawkeye feels his pulse beating in his temples. His arms twitch slightly of their own accord, bringing his sights closer in line with the back of Danny's skull each time, and he feels like he's been drugged with something. He keeps holding his breath.

Ah, god, somebody's in my head. It has to be this freaky dog monkey thing, Mandrake, or whatever? It's the only one even looking at me right now.

Clint feels rage, the force of it clearing his head. Rage, that someone would try to violate his will in such a basic way, something that struck a particular chord in him after the turmoil he'd faced at the whim of the Scarlet Witch. Or maybe it was simply that someone would try to turn his hand against a companion, especially one as virtuous and all around likeable as Iron Fist. Shit, if Danny hadn't come here to help without my even asking, I'd probably be dead or captured by now. Fuuuuck, I owe him a beer for this. Does he even drink..?

Clint locks eyes with Mandrill. He takes a quick couple steps closer to the room, drawing and notching a second arrow as he does so, and even finding time to talk some shit. It came out wheezy and ragged, his throat still clogged with dust, but Clint thought it made it kinda scarier. "Ey, Mandingo, you just made a huge mistake. Get out of my mind, or I will kill you." Clint ends up only a little out of arms reach of the general turmoil, and close enough to make any sort of dodge a difficult endeavor. His vision blurs for a moment. He isn't sure if it's the mental assault or the lack of oxygen, but it doesn't matter.

True to his word, Hawkeye wrests back total control of his aim long enough to sight lines on points in the middle of Mandrill's throat and forehead, and takes the shots.

[SFX Shoot To Kill. Using d6 buddy, d8 close quarters, d8 peerless marksman, d8 stamina, d8 weapon, d10 combat master. Dropping combat master to d8 per shoot to kill, adding an extra d6 per shoot to kill, dropping the d8 stamina per "Kill Iron Man!" complication, resulting dice pool d6, d6, d8, d8, d8, d8. Spending both of my remaining PP, to retain both an additional total die and effect die ((I won't do the double asset thing again, but is targeting an individual using two effect dies in an attempt to have them sorta step each other up more kosher? I am definitely still learning this rule system (I like it!), and can also not do this thing if it is reaching. Also, is the firing multiple arrows in one shot thing an acceptable way to roleplay using a PP to retain an additional effect die? It is something Hawkeye does in the comics a lot)). Results are 3, 5, 5, 7, 2, 8. Keeping the 5(d6), 7, and 8 to make 20, and keeping the remaining two d8s (which would be stepped up to d10s for the purposes of damage infliction if successful, as per Shoot to Kill). Nominate Iron Fist for next movement.]
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Rip » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:13 am

((Quick reply for Hawkeye to clarify: unfortunately, you can't use two Effects to do the same thing, so no doubling up on Physical Damage. I agree that Hawkeye can shoot multiple arrows into a person at once in the comics AND movies, but the system is cinematic enough that you could practically say he's doing that every single time he hits anyone at all, like each Effect die could be three arrows if you wanted to say so. My suggestions then are thus: use the second Effect die to inflict Mental Stress on Mandrill in addition to the Physical Stress, or put some sort of Complication on him, OR use your 2nd Effect die on someone else entirely, OR simply hold on to that last PP and use it to make a Counterattack later, as all of the villains will be acting again right after Iron Fist and without any PP, you're gonna be left dodging until your turn.))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:17 pm

((I gotcha. I'll save it to counter-attack, then, and shall remember the one effect die per target rule))
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Samurai » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:03 am

((I was going to wait for the outcome, but actually, I think I can act anyway, which may move things along a bit.))

Clint is behaving a little strangely, but still seems intent on taking down Mandrill, Danny realises, so hopefully he'll be okay. Don't want to let Vermin throw off his aim, though...

Looking, as before, to keep on the move and stop the Hydra footsoldiers getting a clear shot, Iron Fist leaps towards Vermin, closing the distance between them so he can deliver a mighty blow.

((Living Weapon of K'un L'un d4+1PP, as closing to melee distance can give others time to prepare; d10 Buddy; d10+d10 Enhanced Strength with Iron Fist SFX; d10 Combat Master, and I missing having another power set. That gives us 4, 3, 5, 4, 7 -- probability is clearly making up for the roll against the Hood earlier. 12, spending 1PP again to increase to 16 so there's less risk of having to shut down Enhanced Strength, and a d10 effect.))
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Rip » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:56 am

((Mandrill Reacts to Hawkeye - Team d8, Monkey Featured d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8 - 3, 7, 6, for a Total 13, Effect d8. Hawkeye's Extraordinary Success steps up Physical Stress inflicted to d10!

All die rolls made against Mandrill may now include a free d10 representing his Physical Stress!

Vermin Reacts to Iron Fist - Team d6, Childlike Intellect d8 (scurry!), Superhuman Speed d10, Acrobatic Expert d8 - 2, 2, 9, 8, for a Total 17, Effect d8. Vermin dodges!))

Mandrill's eyes flash, trying to catch hold of Hawkeye's face again through the slowly-clearing haze, spotting his prey just in time to see the arrow Clint launches nanoseconds before it pops itself through the mutant's monkey shoulder.

As Mandrill shrieks in pain, Vermin visibly jolts in response, putting his rodent nerves on edge at just the wrong time for Danny's strike; as the Living Weapon of K'un L'un closes in for a devastating blow, the former geneticist with rodent DNA panics and kicks backwards, tangling himself in the sheet covering the tabled corpse, and sending the cold dead body of Luke Cage crashing to the ground.

((DUN DUN DUUNNNNN I MEAN IRON FIST NOMINATE WHO ACTS NEXT. Your choices are the Mob, Vermin, or Mandrill, as Madame Hydra has successfully fled and The Hood is out cold.))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Samurai » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:16 pm

((Bugger it, I always forget that. Mandrill to act while Vermin untangles himself, and Enhanced Strength now shut down.))

The power of the Iron Fist fades from Daniel Rand's hand, and it is once more a dull lump of flesh hanging loosely at his side as his focus switches entirely, whole-heartedly, to the seemingly slow-motion tumble of his friend's body, falling like a stringless marionette to the debris-strewn floor. As if observing himself from a distance, he notices absently a wordless cry of anguish begin to rise in his throat.
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Rip » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:27 pm

And, just like that, it seemed as if the entire night had flipped a switch. As Iron Fist sank to his knees and the sweat beaded up over Hawkeye's tightened brow, the room itself felt like it was closing in, and a bloodlusty menace hung thicker than the slowly clearing plaster. There may have been a half second of surreal peace as the corpse came to rest in slow-motion, before Mandrill bared his hideous fangs and spurred the mob to new fury. Vermin's baser cannibalistic instincts ripped through his fragile mind, nearly driving him to a frenzy as he saw his opening and scurried to take it.

((Mandrill attempts to Step-Up his Mind Control Complication on Hawkeye! Team d8, Savvy Strategist d8, Mind Control d8, Psych Expert d8, Pheromones SFX d6, Clint's Existing Mind Control Comp d8 = 1, 4, 5, 8, 6, 5 = Total 14, Effect d8. A success will Step Up Hawkeye's Mind Control to d10, along with all that that entails!

Vermin attempts to disembowel Iron Fist! Team d6, Cannibal d8, Using Claws&Fangs SFX to step back Superhuman Strength to d8 and add a d6, Combat Expert d8 = 2, 6, 1, 1, 6 = Total 12, Effect d6 stepped up to d8 if Successful due to Claws&Fangs SFX!

The Mob will spend its action to Assist Vermin, and add a single d10 to his next Action or Reaction!

Reactions needed from both players, and then HAWKEYE is up as the round starts over!))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Clint feels the pulse of the battle catch, a collective missed heartbeat as he too stares at Luke's body, a million thoughts running through his head. Clint's mind gets wrenched back to the carnage at the sound of Mandrill's vicious shriek, the beat of the fight grinding back up into a frenzy. Mandrill had wasted time exulting, but the mental lapse had cost Hawkeye a split-second disadvantage as well, and he could feel the pressure of the pheromone compulsion redoubling already. So before he loses control and does anything stupid, Clint tries to shoot Mandrill again to break up his concentration a little.

[Opposing roll: Buddy d6, Cocky Rogue d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Weapon d8, d10 Combat Master, d10 for Mandrill's physical stress. Dropping enhanced reflexes d8 to account for "Kill Iron Fist!" complication. Resulting rolls 2, 4, 8, 8, 1 (thanks a lot Mandrill, you fuck). Taking 8 and 8 to make 16, using the 4(d8) as effect die. One opportunity created for the Watcher. Spending my remaining PP to counter Mandrill's action, aww yeah]
Zengus
Muscle cook

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion