[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Re: Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Postby Samurai » Wed May 27, 2015 5:45 pm

((Working on it!))

Danny sees Clint's eyes flick to the man next to him. Spotted something, clearly -- give him time to work, don't cause too much fuss. The Living Weapon casts around briefly for someone a literally soaked drinker would say on entering a dive like this.

"Jesus, it's wetter than an excited mermaid out there," Iron Fist mutters, wincing inwardly at the metaphor he dredged up. "Need something to get rid of the chill." He moves to the bar, taking care to keep apart from Hawkeye and the man next to him, and waits to be served.
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Zengus » Sat May 30, 2015 3:31 am

Clint smiles at the bartender (rogueishly of course). His voice has a used-to-have-a-drawl-but-tried-to-get-rid-of-it kinda twang that he was really embarrassed to be using in front of Iron Fist, but he'd already committed to it when he ordered the beer, so not much choice now. "Am I that easy to read, gorgeous? Nothin' complicated, new t' town and looking for some work. Friend of a friend told me this might be a good place to look." He frowns. "Although, ah, he meant more in a 'talk to the patrons' than 'try to wash dishes there' kinda way, just to clarify. Just trying to..." He scrunches up his face a little and traces the air with his pointer finger a moment, then taps it down onto the bar as he continues "'network', 's what kids say these days I think." He takes a sip of his beer.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Rip » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:17 pm

The bar matron smirks in an utterly humourless way, as a rather large man with a very crooked nose shoves in uncomfortably close to Clint, and another of much the same bearing plunks himself down unceremoniously next to Danny. The trained senses of the two Avengers alert them to the suddenly heightened state of activity over their shoulders; one patron has moved to turn up the jukebox (currently transitioning into the Dire Straits' "Sultans of Swing", if you must know), another group of gritty gentlemen has taken it upon themselves to lower the blinds for dear ol' Josie...who, herself, has begun to move toward the back, never taking her eyes off of Clint as she reaches up over her shoulder to knock four times on a seemingly arbitrary bit of wall.

"Wrong night, sugar; although I'm sure you boys knew alllllllllllll about that, right?" her smirk flashes briefly to a look of fearful sympathy (though who can say for whom?) before the first chair splinters against the bar nanoseconds after Clint's dodge.

((We are now in an Action Scene! Clint, you can go first; we have a Mob Of Villains and Danny to nominate for action when you're done))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:20 am

Clint spins up to a standing position, hand still on his drink. "Hold my beer, dude," he says as he transfers all the momentum of his dodge into a mug reinforced bitchslap at his attacker's face.

Using Checkered Past d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Combat Master d10, Buddy d6, rolled 3, 8, 8, 4 respectively, going to take the 8 and 8 for a total of 16 and use the remaining d8 as the effect die

((Pretty sure I just pulverized this guy's face, but regardless of roll outcome)) Clint shouts over to Danny. "Hey Fists! Race you!"

((Nominate Iron Fist for next turn))
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Rip » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 am

((Mob Reaction - Chaotic Criminals d8; Team d4, d4, d4, d4, d4, d4 = 7, 3, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2 = Total 10, Effect d4. This man is well and truly beerfaced.

MOB is now down to 5d4!

Iron Fist, you're up!))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Samurai » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:47 pm

"Nice to know my secret identity's safe in Clint's hands," Danny sighs inwardly as he pushes himself backwards from the bar, springing into a backflip and twisting in the air to land an axe kick on the hood behind him. His aim now is to keep moving, preventing others getting a clear look at his face before they go down.

((Buddy d10; Hero, Hirable or Otherwise d4 and 1PP, pls, for the extra inconvenience of Danny concealing his face with his movements; Enhanced Speed d8; Acrobatic Master d10 = 1, 3, 6, 9. An opportunity pour vous if desired, and 12 + d8 effect die for Iron Fist. Nominate MOB.))
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Rip » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:34 am

((I will buy your Opportunity, Iron Fist, and increase the Doom Pool to 3d6. By my count, this should mean that Danny has 3 PP, Clint has 1 PP.

Mob Reaction - Chaotic Criminals d8; Team d4, d4, d4, d4, d4, = 6, 2, 2, 3, 2, 4, giving us Total 10, Effect d4; one more MOB die down!))

The change in tone is instantaneous. Chaos reigns as mobsters, hoods and lowlifes of every stripe reach frantically for weapons, improvised or otherwise. The two Avengers barely have a chance to notice Josie herself slipping through a secret panel in the back wall before the view becomes naught but flying chairs and swinging fists. But this is no mindless melee; there are only two targets in this brawl.

"Get 'em boys!" someone shouts amid the din, "Keep 'em away from the meeting!" comes another response, and one could almost swear they heard someone hiss, "How the fuck do they always find out about these damn things?!"

((The Mob attacks, activating Area Attack SFX to target both Clint and Danny, adding 1d6 to the roll and keeping an extra Effect die. I will also spend a Doom Die to add 1d6.

Mob - Chaotic Criminals d8; Team d4, d4, d4, d4; Swarm 'Em! d8; Area Attack 1d6; Doom Pool 1d6 = 5, 3, 1, 4, 4, 7, 1, 5 for a Total of 12, and a d6 Physical Damage to be resisted by each of you. There are also two Opportunities that either of you may activate (let me know if you need refreshers on that).

So, both of you give me your Reactions, then CLINT, you're up!))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:43 pm

((A refresher on what I can do with an opportunity would be nice. I know that I don't have any powers that directly relate to them, but I believe there are some generic things any player can do?))

A meeting!? Clint feels a surge of hope. A lead! But then he finds his attention pulled elsewhere as a wave of fists and projectiles threatens to break on him.

[Using d6 Buddy, d8 Cocky Rogue, d8 Enhanced Reflexes, d10 Combat Master, rolled 2, 7, 3, 6 respectively, taking 7 and 6 for 13]

Clint relaxes his body and bobs and weaves his way through the mess of incoming pain, slapping appendages and flying implements alike just enough off trajectory to graze by him, somehow managing to avoid any real damage for the moment. It took all of Clint's attention to stay a step ahead of the initial rush, but after a second or two he risks a quick glance over to Danny, before turning his eyes toward finding an opportunity to attack .
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Rip » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:47 pm

((Hawkeye dodges successfully! As for activating Watcher Opportunities, it's a little janky, but here's my best simplified explanation: when I roll a 1, for every 1, any Player has the option to spend 1 PP to activate it, and get either a free 1d8 in their next pool (undescribed, considered just a "stunt", or in other words, you just adding more pizzazz to your normal action), or create an immediate Resource based off one of your Specialties. An example of the second use would be that Clint pays 1PP to activate the Opportunity, and he says that he is using it to create a Resource based on his Combat Master Specialty that anyone can use once. This Resource can be something like "He's Everywhere At Once!" to reflect Hawkeye causing general confusion among the Mob; it exists out there just hanging out until either Clint or Danny uses it, adding Clint's d10 to your pool, and then it's gone. Obviously, the game awards creativity more than simple dice manipulation.

I rolled two Opportunities in the last roll, so either of you have the option to spend PP that way. Just by way of a status check, Clint should have 1PP, Danny should have 3PP, and the Doom Pool is back to 2d6))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Samurai » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:41 pm

((Posted edited for initial mental arithmetic fail))

((Buddy d10; Close Quarters d8; Enhanced Reflexes d8; Combat Master d10 = 8, 4, 3, 3. 12, hrm. Can't have Danny embarrassed by these goons, so I shall spend a plot point to add the 3 from the d8, giving me 15 and a clear success. If I may, I shall in addition activate one of your opportunities, sir, though it may cost me another of my plot points, and create a "Table-leg Tonfa" Resource, based on the aforementioned Combat Master, as follows...))

Sensing a hoodlum approaching rapidly from behind, Danny steps gracefully aside, laying his hand on the fist that had been intended for the back of his neck. Dropping to his opposite knee, the Living Weapon of K'un L'un pulls forward, and the surprised thug suddenly finds himself somersaulting through the air, to land atop one of the bar's tables, which promptly collapses from the impact. Iron Fist picks up one of the splintered wooden legs, which still has a cross-strut protruding handily from it.

"Baton?" he calls to Barton through the hubbub.
Last edited by Samurai on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Samurai
Deserves better

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion