[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Re: Dark Reign - Marvel Bobic Roleplaying

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:15 pm

((first fight might be a little too early for accidental murder. While I like pressure points and being the fist of the north star I don't think that's the best direction to move him. Rather lets just go with ol' unrealistic knockout chop because you know, knew where to place that chopp.))
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rip » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:10 pm

Both the hired henchman and the Hero for Hire hit their knees simultaneously; over Iron Fist's barely conscious head, Tombstone snarls as he watches the final Maggia member drop away like a stone to reveal a diminutive Cypher standing behind him, almost as surprised as everyone else.

((Nick, you didn't nominate either LUKE CAGE or DEADPOOL to act next, so I'll just put Luke Cage in now.))

Luke Cage, meanwhile, had a very direct and immediate response to watching his best friend's face get broken, and while it took a few plodding steps to build up steam, there was definitely no arguing with it once it got going.

"FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

((Luke Cage panches mans! - Team - d6, Come Get Some! - d4 (+1 PP), Superhuman Strength - d10, Combat Expert - d8
d6 - 5, d4 - 2, d10 - 2, d8 - 6
Total 11, Effect d10))

"-UUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK YYY-"

((Tombstone is mans panched! - Solo - d10, Brutal Enforcer - d8, Superhuman Durability - d10, Combat Master - d10
d10 - 4, d8 - 2, d10 - 7, d10 - 6
Total 13, Effect d10))

"-YYYYYOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!" Luke bellowed as he collided with Tomstone in a flying tackle at chest height, which unfortunately only served to throw both men into the dirt together.

((DEADPOOL, you're up! Then you get to nominate who starts the next round between LUKE CAGE, the players, or TOMBSTONE, as all henchmen are knocked out))

Rip
flanelForever

Dex-Starr is the best lantern

Postby cain » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:35 pm

"No accidental murder. right then"

Deadpool has been watching this entire fight carefully and cautiously and was in no way playing flappy bird on a cellphone that he took from a teenager on the street earlier and just now put into one of those little pouches.

Deadpool doesn't bother moving from his dark corner (can't have glare on the screen!) and fires a shot at Tombstone's shoulder

(d6 group +d8 weapon +d8 reflexes +d10 combat +d10 covert (shadows?) , 2, 8, 8, 5, 4 = 27 maybe. maybe not. whatevs)

MuthaFukinCage
cain
Drunk

Postby Rip » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 am

((Deadpool fires with a Total 16, Effect d10 Physical Damage at Tombstone!
Tombstone's Reaction to Gunshot Action - Solo - d10, Brutal Enforcer - d8, Superhuman Durability - d10, Combat Master - d10
d10 - 2, d8 - 7, d10 - 3, d10 - 5
Total 11, Effect d10; Deadpool beats Tombstone's total by 5, which steps his d10 Physical Stress up to d12, which would put Tombstone one away from being Stressed Out...! ...if it wasn't Tombstone, or if I were out of Doom Pool dice, I mean.

I spend 1d6 from the Doom Pool (it is now at 2d6) to activate Tombstone's Invulnerable SFX - Spend 1d6 from the Doom Pool to ignore
Physical Stress or Physical Trauma unless caused by energy-based attacks.
))

Deadpool barely notices as his shot ricochets off of Tombstone's bright white forehead, even though it totally caused his head to flop backwards directly mid-taunt, and looked really funny, guess you had to be there. Anyway. Tombstone gets angrier and redoubles his efforts to wrestle Luke Cage off of him!

Luke, meanwhile, isn't the best at strategy when he's ridiculously pissed off, and honestly, the big guy has a lot of stress to work through. So he starts beating the near-invulnerable Tombstone repeatedly in the fuggin face from his position atop him. Let's see how it goes!

((Luke Cage panches mans x2! - Team - d6, Come Get Some! - d8, Superhuman Strength - d10, Combat Expert - d8
d6 - 6, d8 - 4, d10 - 10, d8 - 6
Total 16, Effect d8

Tombstone is mans panched x2! - Solo - d10, Brutal Enforcer - d8, Superhuman Durability - d10, Combat Master - d10
d10 - 4, d8 - 5, d10 - 9, d10 - 1
Total 14, Effect d10

Luke Cage's Total of 16 beats Tombstone's Total of 14! Since Deadpool forced Tombstone to use a d6 last time, I really don't want to spare one again from the dwindling Doom Pool, so this one'll stick!

All actions taken against Tombstone should now include an extra d8 for his Physical Stress!))

Tombstone is getting angrier and angrier. And now, finally, bloodier and bloodier.

The black sub, meanwhile, has apparently slipped silently out of sight in the initial chaos.

((Hawkeye, I choose you!!))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby cain » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:52 pm

(how did 27 turn into 16? I'm not complaining, I just have no idea)
cain
Drunk

Postby Rip » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:03 am

((Soitenly: 27 is the number of all the dice you rolled added together. Instead, in this game, after you've rolled you select 2 dice to add together to be your Total (generally the highest two) and select the highest category die left over to be your Effect Level. In your case, your roll looked like this:

d6 group = 2
d8 weapon = 8
d8 reflexes = 8
d10 combat = 5
d10 covert (should not have been rolled, as you can only use 1 die from each Category, and your Combat Master Specialty was already there)
You should have also gotten a d8 from one of your Distinctions, which you did not add in. In effect, your roll should have been d6 - Group Affiliation, d8 or a d4 +1 Plot Point for a Distinction like "The Merc with a Mouth", d8 - Weapon, d8 - Reflexes, d10 - Combat Master. In fact, this will likely be your roll every time you fire a gun or hit someone with a sword, so you may want to copy/paste that somewheres.

Anyways, I took the highest two dice that you did roll, which happened to be both of your d8s, and added them together for Total 16. I then took the highest level die remaining, your d10 that rolled a 5, to be your Effect Level.

Fortunately, since Tombstone has the power to go Invulnerable, it ended up not mattering this time, but that's why we have the Tutorial level!))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Hawkeye walks out of his cover as the battle unfolds, ambling up with the rest of the super troopers as they advance. He trails in the draft of Luke Cage's rush on Tombstone, pulling and knocking an adamantium arrow as he does. As the men take to the ground, Clint spends a few moments just standing near, calmly, waiting for a shot. Luke Cage gets Tombstone with a particularly brutal cross right in the face, and in the moment of disorientation that follows Hawkeye looses an arrow aimed to pin Tombstone's dominant hand to the ground.

Adamantium Arrow attack (If opponent's reaction pool includes a durability power, step up physical stress inflicted) Team d10, Peerless Marksman d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Weapon d8, Combat Master d10, Tombstone's Stress d8

I roll 4d8 (result 2, 2, 4, 6) and 2d10 (result 9, 4) and that kind of sucks so I'm going to activate SFX- Fortune Favors The Bold (if your pool includes a power from Exceptional Training spend 1 PP to reroll) to reroll.

Second roll 4d8 (2, 3, 5, 8) and 2d10 (3, 10), much better. I'm taking the 10 and the 8 for 18 and keeping the remaining d10 as my effect die.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Rip » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:38 pm

((Tombstone's Reaction to Being Shot in the Fucking Hand with an Adamantium Arrow - Solo - d10, Brutal Enforcer - d8, Superhuman Durability - d10, Combat Master - d10, and if successful, the Physical Stress will Step Up as a Durability power is included.
d10 - 2, d8 - 7, d10 - 6, d10 - 4
lol
Hawkeye's Total 18 beats Tombstone's Total 13 by 5, an Extraordinary Success, which means Hawkeye's d10 Effect is Stepped Up to a d12, which is then stepped up again to d12+ due to Adamantium Arrow SFX, thus effectively ending the fight!))

Hawkeye has a reputation of being a very good marksman. Hawkeye also has a bit of a prankster side. Sometimes these two things combine in a sort of beautiful physical poetry, oftentimes only appreciated by the Avenging Archer himself, such as this time, when he sent the physical arc of Tombstone's swinging fist into an almost equally opposing direction and pinned the murderous mobster's hand to the friggin ground with an adamantium arrow.

"Holy fuck that hurt!" Tombstone hissed, throwing his other arm defensively in front of his face, "I give, I give, I'm done! agh!"

Luke Cage, for his part, managed to stop himself pounding more holes into Tombstone's head. He held the chalk-white assassin down with a powerful palm to the chest and shouted back over his shoulder, "Danny! You okay back there, man?"

((This is now officially a Transition Scene. Everyone steps all of their three Stresses back by 1 Level, which I believe only affects Iron Fist (you are now at d10 Physical Stress). From here until the next Action Scene starts, there are no turns, and players are encouraged to RP and talk and etc. etc. I understand it's early in the game, so just let me know if/when you guys want me to use Luke Cage to take the lead and get us to the next Action Scene. This is a good time to try and get some XP, since there isn't as much dialogue happening in combat.

Assets can also be created at this time; making a roll based on a Specialty of yours will let you use your Effect die as an Asset in the next Action Scene, either for one roll or (if you spend a Plot Point now) for the entire Scene. However, these Assets must be justified of course, likely through roleplaying, and if it doesn't make sense for something to happen then it just don't happen.

I'll go ahead and make Tuesday the limit for any roleplaying you guys want to do, and if we haven't started the next Action Scene by then, I will do so. Interacting with each other and with Tombstone is highly encouraged until then.))

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Zengus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Clint blows the (metaphorical) fire off his fingers as he shakes them out. "Ahhh, it hurts, it hurts to be this good." He pats Luke on the shoulder. "Thanks for making the opening, boss." He steps out of the center of things a little and starts pulling some spare bolos out to bind up the lackeys. Partway through he pauses, as though a thought occurred to him, and looks at Tombstone. "I'm gonna want that arrow back when you're done with it- those things are expensive."

((Does Tombstone count as a superior enemy, and have I just in fact earned ten XP? Just curious)
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby cain » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Nice shooting, Hunger Games
cain
Drunk

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion