[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - TALK TO ME ABOUT THE DRESDEN FILES

TALK TO ME ABOUT THE DRESDEN FILES

TALK TO ME ABOUT THE DRESDEN FILES

Postby Zengus » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Dex, I know you read them. Pretty sure at least a few of you other weaboos do too.

Was I the only person who was kind of let down by Skin Game? I mean, it wasn't bad, but it didn't grab me like some of the other books. I think that a lot of this one was just setting the stage for the next phase of the series, which makes for a slower book, understandably. I'll tell you what though, I got tired of seeing Harry get his ass whooped pretty fast. I get the picture, Jim. He's out of his league but tough as hell. Now cut the poor guy some slack :/. Also thought it was a little disjointed, and some of the character actions seemed odd or a little forced (although I guess we hadn't really seen some of those characters in a few years, series time, so it would make sense that they'd changed a little). Am looking forward to seeing some more of Goodman Grey at some point.

What I am trying to say is, super hyped for Peace Talks. Author has mentioned it's going to be the most action packed of any of the books so far. *fanboys*
Zengus
Muscle cook

Re: TALK TO ME ABOUT THE DRESDEN FILES

Postby Sage » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Yeah Skin Game was kind of slow, and it seemed like kind of and odd change of pace since in the last book he really wasn't getting his ass beat down- well, less than usual, anyways.
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby dexeron » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:23 am

It's been awhile (since I generally get them on release day and devour them by the next day, so I haven't read it for months.) I'll have to do a re-read before the next one comes out (you said it was called Peace Talks?) I'm like: "Oh yeah, I forgot how cool Goodman Grey was."

I do remember the book seeming a bit weaker than Cold Days, but it's hard to judge because everything before has just been this steady build-up of awesome piled on awesome.

Even though I got a bit tired of several straight books of fairy stuff, I'm much more interested in:

Also:

Also:

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby dexeron » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:28 am

Oh and Kaferbil:

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Zengus » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Aha. I have them all on my phone, and when I don't have anything to read I'll pick one and start working on it idly until I find something new to read. I think I have read everything after death masks at least three or four times now. It has become something of a compulsion.

I believe at the end of Cold Days

Zengus
Muscle cook

Return to General Discussion