[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Despy-Wespy!

Despy-Wespy!

Re: Despy-Wespy!

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:15 pm

See Desp, this is part of your problem.
At no point did I indicate I held a "high opinion" of David Wong or anything of that nature. I simply linked some articles.

You jumped to a conclusion. Which is what you always do.

Giving money to the homeless to spend as they see fit is a awful idea.
Any amount of studies on sudden wealth, or even the show "How the lottery changed my life" helps highlight that most people don't react well to a sudden influx of cash.
One of the cases we studied in my psychology class involved a group that gave 200,000 dollars to a homeless guy to see how he'd fare with it. Poor dumb bloke blew through it in under four days.
Key takeaway? Not everyone will do well or responsibly with money when they receive it.

However, you will most likely ignore anything I type, choosing instead to focus on whatever theme of the week you're focused on.

In a nutshell: I linked an article highlighting why most people are clueless dickwads, and another indicating yet another facet of why hipsters suck.
That's it.

And yeah Dex, I've read the "Monkeysphere" article. It's a pretty good summary of Dunbar's Number.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Agent » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 am

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Stop trying to confuse people with messy things like facts.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby cain » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 pm

give all the homeless free houses.

it's cheaper.
cain
Drunk

Postby Despanan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:42 am

well, we certainly have enough empty homes to go around:

http://www.expressionoftruth.com/2013/0 ... llion.html
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:41 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversal_ ... 05_film%29

Showtime documentary following a homeless guy after the question is asked; "What would a person living on the street do if they gained 100,000 dollars?"

Interesting note on your love of giving people money Desp...
Compare how much has been spent on auto-bailouts and Obamacare by the government. Contrast that with the entire population of the United States and how much you could have straight up given to everyone in the U.S.

If I won the lottery, I'd pretty much sit on the cash and the first thing I'd do is hire a legitimate financial consultant to ensure the money was properly taken care of.

And Dex... Does it please you being a toady for Desp?
Desp will occasionally come up with some solid points, there are rare occasions where we see eye to eye on obscure things.

You? You on the other hand simply toss out one-liners and blurbs in response to anything Desp says in regards to me. It paints you as less of your own voice and more of some weird form of "Yes-Man" for Desp.

Desp; Studies can be found to argue both sides. There are even sociological studies indicating that people who grow up at a lower income are a greater risk of making stupid decisions with their money simply because they are used to a certain set of factors. The only real benefit that might stem from "Give people money" would be if you included a fundamental, basic course on how to manage your funds.

I should ask my dad for reference works. He used to work as a financial consultant for Primerica Financial, and I could technically dig up some of our training at work we utilize. (If I weren't so damn lazy)
Financial responsibility and how people respond to an increased income is one of the biggest things that can screw over junior personnel. Especially as one of the biggest factors that will cost you a security clearance.

More so when you begin to look into how many pay-down-loan-lenders, 40% interest rates, and other such unscrupulous practices are aimed squarely at the service-member within a twenty mile radius of every base in the U.S.

Unless they are armed with training and/or some basic experience, a large percentage of people do very poorly with an increase in their income.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Agent » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:05 am

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Inferno » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:16 am

That guy's sideburns have fallen down. He should really get those looked at.
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Nemuri » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:01 am

I thought people stopped calling themselves anarchists after high school.
Nemuri
Kawaii space criminal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion