[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Greetings from sunny California

Greetings from sunny California

Greetings from sunny California

Postby Zengus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Man, that was one of the roughest moves I've gone through in a while. Thank god it's over

On the bright side, it sure is nice out here.
Zengus
Muscle cook

WHERE YOU BUY FOOD AT

Postby Inferno » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FOOD STORE?
Inferno
cockBOB

Re: Greetings from sunny California

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 am

oh hey where you located zeng?
HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

Postby Zengus » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Life kinda took us in a different direction, Inferno. My dad got offered a SWEET job out in Missouri, getting paid a whole lot more to do exactly what he was already doing, so he and I decided to take a few years on things. That way instead of retiring now he can continue to build money for the project (it'll be nice to start things with like 300-400k instead of 100), and I can build some contacts out here, get a feel for how the industry works on the West coast, and build some more experience in areas I don't have as much as I would like (I am a fucking good line cook and pretty boss at all things savory, but it could be nice to get more solid work experience doing pastry). Basically, we decided that maybe we were rushing in to the idea a liiiittle bit, and it won't hurt to slow things down and start more solidly.

I am in Orange County HDS, closer to the LA side of it than the San Diego side.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Samurai » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Sorry to hear it was an unpleasant move, Zengus (beyond what moving from one end of a very large country to the other would normally be, presumably). But it sound like you're content with how things are panning out longer term, which is no bad thing. :)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Zengus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:53 am

Arr. I think the next few years are going to be a lot better than the last few. Thanks for the kind words, Sam :)
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Ventilator » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm still here. I haven't gone anywhere really, and yet I've had my own crazy adventures.

We should hang out some time.
Ventilator
Pretty cool

Postby Skittles » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:57 am

so you're planning on opening a restaurant? I'm a touch out of the loop, but if that's the case I have a road trip to plan for.
Skittles
Quits D&D games

Return to General Discussion