[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - The Republican Trifecta: Tea Party, Evangelicals, Moderates

The Republican Trifecta: Tea Party, Evangelicals, Moderates

Re: The Republican Trifecta: Tea Party, Evangelicals, Moder

Postby Zengus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Titties withstanding, I think they need big changes. One of the things that Desp said, that they've simply gotten too far off kilter for the positions that they're adopting to make a lot of sense, is something I feel is core to the whole issue. They need to find a way to come back to the center a bit, for a myriad of reasons. If I were in their leadership, I'd be considering concessions on some key social issues (I honestly do not think as much of their party as they seem to believe would take offense to more liberal stances on some of these). Gay marriage and women's rights (abortion, abuse laws, etc etc) are two that would drastically improve their social image without changing the actual way our government functions (in terms of fiscal or military matters, anyway), so they would be high on my list. Immigration and social reform too, but changes on those stances would have more sweeping effects to the country and the government, so I find it less likely they would be considered.

These are the kinds of issues that are becoming increasingly self destructive for them. Every generation is growing up more homogenized and broadly socialized (I am kind of interested to see what kids today- like toddler age- are going to be like when they start hitting adulthood. Way less racist than any generation before? I dunno, it could happen). Taking negative, divisive stances on things like race and sexuality and gender is going to (quite frankly) disgust too many of that more liberal younger crowd for a party like they have been to survive. We seem to have already hit that breaking point, with the way things have been going in the last decade or so, and it's a trend I don't see reversing itself any time soon.

But then, obviously, I am not a Republican. And I guess I could be calling the social trends wrong. I am kind of interested to see what's going to happen next, which is better than anything I could say about politics in a long time.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Postby Despanan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Dex, you act as though I'm supposed to care enough about such a weird movie as to give two flying figs about if it's a Pixar film or not.

Though, at this point Dex, you're as big of a joke as you try to portray me as.

I made a comment concerning how these threads boil down into well-established nonsense. Your reply was to say I'm wrong, and that was it.
At this point, Rip, Zengus and even Desp had more articulate replies.

I can throw on that I'm more or less in agreement with a lot of this. About now, both parties are so full of shit they haven't really done much but spastically flail about for the last couple of decades. "Gee, somethings wrong with the budget? I better call it a day and go back to my cushy house and sit on my ass while I pretend I actively give a shit."
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 pm

HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

Postby Despanan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 pm

You'll have to show me some genuinely left-wing democrats first - the best we have is Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders & Kucinich.

So we have a woman, an old guy, and an elf. Not exactly a force to be reckoned with.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 am

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Phantomgrift » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm

And yet I still managed to get a reply out of you...
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby dexeron » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 am

Hey, if a staggeringly incorrect person addresses me directly? I reply.

Doesn't change the fact that the person in question is staggeringly incorrect.

Life is hard, sometimes.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Phantomgrift » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm to awesome to be incorrect.
It's alright though, these are just the simple things I have to learn to live with when it comes to being the sheer amount of amazing that is me.

I'm sorry you can't say the same about yourself.
Waiter... Waiter?

Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby HisDivineShadow » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:18 pm

HisDivineShadow
Cromulent

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion